Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Waited 3 long months during lockdown but finally it’s here and I absolutely love it.

De-badged and painted
Optional clear indicators
Racefit exhaust (bespoke without logo)
Dynojet tune
ProTaper Evo RM Low handlebars with logos removed
Rizoma Eccentrico bar end mirrors

·
Rider
1,271 Posts

·
Rider
1,168 Posts
Nice bike. Enjoy. Where’d you get the clear indicators? Been waiting about 2 months for mine lol. Waiting to get some shipped from Moore speed racing in Britain but out of stock everywhere lol. Your dealer must’ve had them in stock.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Looks nice! And loud... ;)
You’re right, it’s loud with the Racefit exhaust.

I added the baffle but without doing a back to back comparison; with/without baffle seems to be the difference between frickin loud and friggin loud.

I see there is also an option where the baffle is wrapped in acoustic material, so I might try that. Perhaps then small children won’t wet themselves and run away when I start it up.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice bike. Enjoy. Where’d you get the clear indicators? Been waiting about 2 months for mine lol. Waiting to get some shipped from Moore speed racing in Britain but out of stock everywhere lol. Your dealer must’ve had them in stock.
Cheers. I simply specified the clear indicators when buying the bike from local dealer; Midwest Moto here in UK.

Not wanting to slate anyone or any business but I know what it’s like wanting something and the frustration of waiting. In my one, very brief, e-mail exchange with MSR, I chose to go elsewhere to place an order.

·
Bronze member
2,189 Posts
You’re right, it’s loud with the Racefit exhaust.

I added the baffle but without doing a back to back comparison; with/without baffle seems to be the difference between frickin loud and friggin loud.

I see there is also an option where the baffle is wrapped in acoustic material, so I might try that. Perhaps then small children won’t wet themselves and run away when I start it up.
Yes. You can just buy standard exhaust packing and wrap it. It drops it closer to 100db at 2k rpm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Rider
1,288 Posts
Not wanting to slate anyone or any business but I know what it’s like wanting something and the frustration of waiting. In my one, very brief, e-mail exchange with MSR, I chose to go elsewhere to place an order.
But you did anyway!😂 Maybe you were just unlucky? Colin Moore and the dealership staff are stand up guys and have the best customer care and service I have experienced in a long time. They too have had Covid and the associated shutdown to contend with.

·
Drag me down and let me burn forever!
2016 Chief DH Stage II
759 Posts
looks like a total brap factory. enjoy!

·
Registered
478 Posts
Gotcha. I was going to ask what the difference was, but then I realized that Google is my friend.

I like the out-of-stock ones MUCH better. Good to know since I was thinking about buying a set of the American ones.

·
Rider
1,168 Posts
Yeah, I like them better to. Was I think 129.99 after shipping so it was almost the same price as the other one. When I bought them, the Canadian and European Indian websites said currently unavailable. Now they say Coming August 2020. So not much longer I presume. Not in a rush to get them.

·
Registered
37 Posts
But you did anyway!😂 Maybe you were just unlucky? Colin Moore and the dealership staff are stand up guys and have the best customer care and service I have experienced in a long time. They too have had Covid and the associated shutdown to contend with.

I bought my tail tidy and led indicators from MSR, their service was second to none.
I called up with a query about the indicator wiring which the guy on the counter couldn’t answer so he got Colin the owner over to explain it to me and he even took the time to then sent me an email with a diagram of it as well.
I stay at the other end of the UK from them so there is little chance of me ever buying a bike from them but I still received first class service. I wish they were my local dealer.

·
Rider
1,168 Posts
Gotcha. I was going to ask what the difference was, but then I realized that Google is my friend.

I like the out-of-stock ones MUCH better. Good to know since I was thinking about buying a set of the American ones.
@Pale Horse just received my set of the 2884157 clear European turn signals from Moore speed racing today. Ordered it I believe in may or June. Still shows sold out everywhere I look but they arrived on my doorstep today somehow.

·
Registered
352 Posts
@Pale Horse just received my set of the 2884157 clear European turn signals from Moore speed racing today. Ordered it I believe in may or June. Still shows sold out everywhere I look but they arrived on my doorstep today somehow.
I ordered mine July 8 and they showed up today. Takes a bit but they get here eventually.

·
Rider
1,168 Posts
I ordered mine July 8 and they showed up today. Takes a bit but they get here eventually.
They were out of stock for months everywhere I looked. Even on the Indian websites for Canada and GB. Decided to order and wait since I wasn’t in a rush. Was pleasantly surprised when I seen them today since I checked the day before yesterday and still seen them out of stock everywhere.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Fitted the 2884157 indicators today, They are not listed on the Indian Australia website ( the fat one are). I rang the local dealer on Monday,they confirmed they were available in Australia and I had them in my hands on Wednesday. Interestingly they were a $100 dollars cheaper than the fat ones.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just showing off. Also got mine at midwest moto, love it.
Only nagging issue for me .... no decent trip computer. Fancy new LCD dash with two displays and all this other guff, but no decent trip options.

Which annoys me as the standard FTR with its old analogue dash, has all the trip i want, average mpg etc...
Maybe im looking in the wrong place but ive gone over it time and again.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Hold your finger on the odo button on the screen and it will cycle through trip 1, trip 2 and then back to odo...👍😎🇦🇺

1 - 20 of 31 Posts