Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have been riding my metric (Stratoliner) with some friends that own Indian motorcycles. I decided to purchase a 2015 Chieftain with low miles (13k) to add to my stable. I have been riding for 75 years and owned 800 bikes and have ridden over one billion miles blah blah blah lol.

Pros:
I like the extra things the Indian has over my metric like cruise control, larger fuel tank, 6 speed trans, power windshield, great acoustics. First time I can actually hear my music at 70 mph. Love the smooth ride. Power is ok -great low end torque but nothing compared to my strat (its a beast).

Cons:
I'm 6'2 and the seat could be longer so I will eventually replace that. I have the Indian Red paint and well its barely adequate. This is softest paint I have ever seen on a vehicle - the saddle bags scratch so easily and I find myself in a constant state of polishing, buffing and waxing.

So that being said, the Indian is a much more comfortable long distance cruiser than my other bikes. I will keep her and eventually get it repainted to my standards.

·
Rider
327 Posts
So I have been riding my metric (Stratoliner) with some friends that own Indian motorcycles. I decided to purchase a 2015 Chieftain with low miles (13k) to add to my stable. I have been riding for 75 years and owned 800 bikes and have ridden over one billion miles blah blah blah lol.

Pros:
I like the extra things the Indian has over my metric like cruise control, larger fuel tank, 6 speed trans, power windshield, great acoustics. First time I can actually hear my music at 70 mph. Love the smooth ride. Power is ok -great low end torque but nothing compared to my strat (its a beast).

Cons:
I'm 6'2 and the seat could be longer so I will eventually replace that. I have the Indian Red paint and well its barely adequate. This is softest paint I have ever seen on a vehicle - the saddle bags scratch so easily and I find myself in a constant state of polishing, buffing and waxing.

So that being said, the Indian is a much more comfortable long distance cruiser than my other bikes. I will keep her and eventually get it repainted to my standards.
Seems like a few of us came off Liners. The extended reach seat will definitely help you out, and you're right... The Liner is a beast! IMG_7245.JPG

·
Rider
508 Posts
Welcome to the tribe! I came off a raider, ask ally a stripped down liner. That Yamaha 113 is an amazing motor, but with a few simple mods the Indian will match it, and my Indian rides so much better!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Bronze member
2,754 Posts
Welcome and wow I am 64 and thought I owned a lot of bikes and cars over the years but, you beat me hands down lol. Welcome and enjoy you new bike once you get it to where you want it to be you will love it more every day. Enjoy and be safe.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Welcome to the Tribe.
Thank you glad to be here!
Welcome to the tribe! I came off a raider, ask ally a stripped down liner. That Yamaha 113 is an amazing motor, but with a few simple mods the Indian will match it, and my Indian rides so much better!

Thanks for the welcomes!!
I have the Ivan flash mod on my strat which should be 100 hp & 126 torque. I may have to do the 116 kit to get close to it lol..

·
Rider
508 Posts
Thank you glad to be here!

Thanks for the welcomes!!
I have the Ivan flash mod on my strat which should be 100 hp & 126 torque. I may have to do the 116 kit to get close to it lol..
Pipes, aftermarket intake, 585 cams and a PC3 with a good tune from CraigB and you will be real close to those numbers, and a lot less money invested. That’s the route I’m going once my warranty is out.

·
Registered
8,005 Posts
Welcome and wow I am 64 and thought I owned a lot of bikes and cars over the years buy you beat me hands down lol. Welcome and enjoy you new bike once you get it to where you want it to be you will love it more every day. Enjoy and be safe.
AND he's been riding for 75 years but he's only 64!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts