Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Founding member / Distinguished
5,088 Posts
You'll find the Scout to be an awesome ride, Bear in mind you might want to upgrade the tires and rear shock absorbers at some point. The seat is a personal thing and some like the original one and some don't. It's your ride and make what you want it to be.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Congratulations! You’re going to have a blast.
Hell yeah! I love my scout. I’m 214 pounds and the rear suspension is adequate if you set the preload. One of the most fun bikes I’ve ever ridden.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Congratulations! You’re going to have a blast.
Hell yeah! I love my scout. I’m 214 pounds and the rear suspension is adequate if you set the preload. One of the most fun bikes I’ve ever ridden.
So for me, currently around 290lbs and 6' tall, any recommendations on initial quality of life upgrades?

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
So for me, currently around 290lbs and 6' tall, any recommendations on initial quality of life upgrades?
if it has the forward controls I would leave it all stock for awhile. If you’re bottoming our the rear then add preload. Hopefully the previous owner included the shock wrench.

depending on your arms you might look at the mini apes and a set of slip ons. The stockers are super quiet. Then again some people really like that.

·
Registered
56 Posts
The seat looks similar to my 2020 Sixty Bobber seat ... if thats that case, get a more comfortable seat. Im a heavier guy at 260lbs and find that there isnt enouph cushion for longer rides.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
5,088 Posts
I weigh 225 pounds and 5 foot eleven height with a 30 inch inseam. My 2019 Scout rides firmly without any bottoming out. I had the extended reach foot control kit and the floorboards installed as well as the 10 inch mini apes handlebars. The ergonomics are perfect for me with this set-up.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The seat looks similar to my 2020 Sixty Bobber seat ... if thats that case, get a more comfortable seat. Im a heavier guy at 260lbs and find that there isnt enouph cushion for longer rides.
After sitting a bit I agree, picked up a Mustang 75376MV Standard Touring Solo Motorcycle Seat and 3" Vance & Hines Twin Slash Rounds Slip-On Exhaust because, well, love the look and sound after watching some videos!

Did you replace your suspension? Reading around the forums it seems the progressive suspension upgrade may help things a lot with someone heavier?

·
Registered
437 Posts
Top order of business would be to replace the stock seat. After you are riding an hour, you’ll know what I am talking about , there are many options.

I went with the Corbin Brave saddle and it is still what I consider my #1 upgrade .

However , Saddlemen and Mustang are also very popular .

Some here had their stock sest modified so it would be more comfortable as well.

Nevertheless, your Scout is a beauty and enjoy !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
862 Posts
Get some of the OEM shocks from a 2017+ on ebay. And, an OEM extended reach seat.

You can find better stuff, but this will be a big upgrade for fairly cheap and quick.

·
Bronze member
2,202 Posts
615 miles over almost 5 yrs? Wow, that's barely broken in. Good find, congrats and welcome from So Cal

Reactions: Intrepid
1 - 20 of 27 Posts