Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought my bike in February and set about making it mine! Started by redoing the real leather seats and bags that came with it, and finally had it custom painted the way I always wanted it! I added the beads to the bags and really like the look! I'm really pleased with the way it turned out and absolutely love riding it!

·
Registered
114 Posts
I, too, am interested in the answer to both questions above. I have been considering a custom paint job (even though I like “chrome with black trim“) and would like to treat the leather, also.

·
Registered
2012 Indian Chief Vintage . 2016 Indian Roadmaster
812 Posts
My buddy Jeff has a 1999 Chief (among other Indians) in that paint scheme, I have always liked it. On my bike with real leather stuff, I use Feibings leather products. I use the Australian leather treatment to make the leather supple, then after it soaks in a few days I dye it. My color of choice is British Tan, they have a myriad of shades.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Wow, what a classic look! Beautiful bike!

Reactions: Georgia Boy

·
Registered
333 Posts
Thanks! I used the Feibings Saddle Tan due after deglazing it.
The straight-up dye, or the gel antique dye? Did you do anything else to seal it?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The straight-up dye, or the gel antique dye? Did you do anything else to seal it?
I first stripped it with the Feibings deglaze, then I used the liquid Saddle Tan Pro dye, and finally I sealed it with the Resolene. I followed that up by treating iy with mink oil ( for waterproofing) and then the Aussies Leather Treatment.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
About the price of the custom paint job: Before my friends had this done for me, I received 2 quotes from shops in my area. One was for $2500 and the other for $3000. So it was probably in that ballpark.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Spectacular! Going to do my 2017 Chieftain when I get a 2nd bike. I have those Zambini emblems too. Also have the Zambini front fender ornament as well.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts