Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been putting work into my bike the last few weeks. It's been a long road as every step of the way was hell and not one single thing went right. I really like the end results though. I wanted to go for a bit of a darker look. Here's the after/before shots:

(Never mind the garbage can art..)

Before:

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is awesome! Thanks, everyone! Comradery is a wonderful thing, isn't it?

All the comments have been extremely helpful! Keep'em comin'!

I'm off to the Better Homes and Gardens website - I've heard they have a forum there with some people interested in motorcycles.

·
Registered
141 Posts
This is awesome! Thanks, everyone! Comradery is a wonderful thing, isn't it?

All the comments have been extremely helpful! Keep'em comin'!

I'm off to the Better Homes and Gardens website - I've heard they have a forum there with some people interested in motorcycles.
Help me out here, what did you all change?

·
Rider
829 Posts
Great looking Chief, congrats!

Reactions: sapient

·
Bronze member
2,668 Posts
Been putting work into my bike the last few weeks. It's been a long road as every step of the way was hell and not one single thing went right. I really like the end results though. I wanted to go for a bit of a darker look. Here's the after/before shots:

(Never mind the garbage can art..)

View attachment 598797

View attachment 598798

Before:
View attachment 598800
I'm curious! In your pictures,it looks like you've added muffler tips or extensions.If so,why did you put em on?? Where did you get em from?,What did they cost??And are they easy to put on??? Thank you! Dave!!!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
DAve!!!!! What's up. I put them on because they attract my senses. Get them anywhere online. About 2 bills. They were nothing short of hell on earth putting them on and taking the originals off. That will be remembered as one dark moment in my life. NP!! These are them:

Now I got these to put on and it's ....very exciting! Everyone needs to stay tuned in with these fantastic new episodes of my DH customization show. This, my friends, are what forums are all about. MultiMEDIA!

·
Bronze member
2,668 Posts
Thank you sir for the heads up AND the tip.For a couple bills,plus the aggravation you stated you went thru to put em on,I think I'll just keep what I got!! lol lol (y) Dave!!!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you sir for the heads up AND the tip.For a couple bills,plus the aggravation you stated you went thru to put em on,I think I'll just keep what I got!! lol lol (y) Dave!!!
No ...do it. Rinehart's allen bolts are made of butter and strip if you look at them wrong. Their machining is off too where bolt holes don't line-up and fittings don't line up flush. They sound great but seem like they are designed and manufactured by a 2-year-old. My respect for them has gone down considerably.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
After a rather long and winding ..and reversing ..and repeating, etc., road I've come to this. I love it. Technically I've got a new 2018 Springfield LE rim on order for the front. That's an over-and-beyond bonus though so I think I can rest at these pics. Thanks to the ones that participated and the other 600 that decided to drop in.

2016 Dark Horse (Changes)

Hard to believe almost no accessory on this is original. (The seat and bib are leather, off a Chieftain too.)

:)

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Damn, this forum board is a graveyard. Any other Indian forum boards with an actual pulse? Oprah's probably got a motorcycle sub-forum with more action.

💀

·
Bronze member
2,668 Posts
Are the pipes on your 2016 SDH ,Rineharts aftermarket pipes,or are they the stock ones that came on the bike??The reason I ask is because I have a 2018 SDH with the stock mufflers [which bark pretty good when climbing an upgrade or should I get on the throttle] but the ends of my mufflers are slash cut,not straight cut like yours.Thank you! Dave!!!

·
Silver member
4,829 Posts
Sapient, I have those 10 Gauge grips too. I love them to about 90%. I wish the rubber was just a pinch taller for better vibration isolation on long trips. I even told that to Max Ness when he was out snapping pics of them on my bike. But overall they are well made and look fantastic...

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Are the pipes on your 2016 SDH ,Rineharts aftermarket pipes,or are they the stock ones that came on the bike??The reason I ask is because I have a 2018 SDH with the stock mufflers [which bark pretty good when climbing an upgrade or should I get on the throttle] but the ends of my mufflers are slash cut,not straight cut like yours.Thank you! Dave!!!
Dave! (y)

They are Rinehart Slip-ons. Yes, my stock ends are like yours too. I ordered Rinehart's "Hi-Flow" baffles and replaced the stock slip-on ones too. They sound like a cigarette boat and will rumble teeth fillings out.

I really love the Rineharts and would always recommend a set.

:cool:(y)

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sapient, I have those 10 Gauge grips too. I love them to about 90%. I wish the rubber was just a pinch taller for better vibration isolation on long trips. I even told that to Max Ness when he was out snapping pics of them on my bike. But overall they are well made and look fantastic...

View attachment 600494
I see! The chrome ones. Very cool. I ordered the Deep Cut too but they are going back since I like the 10 Gauge better. Like them a whole lot, actually. From what I can see of your bike, it looks fantastic! 👌

Oh, I think I'd take the pain for less grip rubber, but that's just me. The all-aluminum grip types really appeal to me for some reason.

·
Silver member
4,829 Posts
I just wish the rubber was a pinch taller like the ones on my 01 Indian. These ones are 20 years old. Kurayakan ISO grips.

Reactions: sapient

·
Registered
87 Posts
Dave! (y)

They are Rinehart Slip-ons. Yes, my stock ends are like yours too. I ordered Rinehart's "Hi-Flow" baffles and replaced the stock slip-on ones too. They sound like a cigarette boat and will rumble teeth fillings out.

I really love the Rineharts and would always recommend a set.

:cool:(y)
did you order the baffles as extra from the mufflers? or do you just choose which baffles come included with it? if extra, how do you choose which ones to get?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
did you order the baffles as extra from the mufflers? or do you just choose which baffles come included with it? if extra, how do you choose which ones to get?
Yes - extra. I took a chance on the way they looked and being called "Hi-Flow Performance". Plus, at $89 for both baffles, it's nearly free. I mean the sound they get out of these is worth the pipes alone. I suppose they offer them for a low price because they only fit their pipes and it's obvious you already paid the bigger bucks for them. Kinda nice to do.

They have another baffle model called "High Performance" I believe, that are half strait-pipe. I never looked into them because I'm more than happy with the "Hi-Flow"; even though they are a tad bit ....too loud. If the high-performance baffles are like I'm thinking they are, they are a "loud" like I've never even heard before - ones I'd certainly stay away from putting on my bike anyway.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts