Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Silver member
4,852 Posts
Same thoughts here. The Voodoo is way cool but not cool enough for the $$.

Looks good. What AC did you use as a base for your finished product?

·
Silver member
4,852 Posts
Thanks ... I have a Wimmer not yet installed. I'll do some investigating :giggle:

·
Rider
620 Posts
Thanks ... I have a Wimmer not yet installed. I'll do some investigating :giggle:
The wimmer is a perfect setup for this. Just take out the blacked out alunimum cover piece and replace with polycarbonate of the same thickness. If you go on McMaster you can get different colored see through ones.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Personally, and this is just me, I would cut the plexi to fit the exact dimension of the filter, and add a bead of gasket material to fit inside the indentation on the side of the filter.

Still, well done!

·
Rider
976 Posts
I have a Red VooDoo, you did a great job and saved money...well done!

·
Registered
88 Posts
I shelled out the bucks for a Voodoo, and love it. But you did a great job on yours . . . looks great!

·
Registered
545 Posts
Stop being lazy and post the DIRECT LINK to what you are talking about! Dammit Spykez! lol

I had to google McMaster to find the website and then it's pretty much a loss after that. They sell pretty much everything AND the kitchen sink on that website.

The wimmer is a perfect setup for this. Just take out the blacked out alunimum cover piece and replace with polycarbonate of the same thickness. If you go on McMaster you can get different colored see through ones.

·
Rider
620 Posts
Stop being lazy and post the DIRECT LINK to what you are talking about! Dammit Spykez! lol

I had to google McMaster to find the website and then it's pretty much a loss after that. They sell pretty much everything AND the kitchen sink on that website.
They'll sell you a GF too if you pay enough :p

What color did you want.? Also I made a mistake. It's not polycarbonate, it's acrylic. I use so many different plastics at work I get them mixed up.

·
Registered
545 Posts
See??? Exactly why you need to post up a direct link! If YOU got confused, imagine what a poor schlep like myself feels like! :)

They'll sell you a GF too if you pay enough :p

What color did you want.? Also I made a mistake. It's not polycarbonate, it's acrylic. I use so many different plastics at work I get them mixed up.

·
Rider
620 Posts
See??? Exactly why you need to post up a direct link! If YOU got confused, imagine what a poor schlep like myself feels like! :)
Links don't really work with mcmaster the way you'd think. I'd have to directly link you to the specific thickness and sheet size. So for red, you type in red acrylic and this comes up. You look at the tables for either Flourecent Red or Red (dark red). Then you look at the sizes of the sheets like 12"x12" then choose the thickness, click on the part number and that's what you order.

Capture.PNG

·
Registered
545 Posts
Ok so I'd probably have to go with "dark red" since the Filter Element is kind of like a red. Fluorescent would be too "much". What thickness do you suggest since you are the "plastic /acrylic master"...

Links don't really work with mcmaster the way you'd think. I'd have to directly link you to the specific thickness and sheet size. So for red, you type in red acrylic and this comes up. You look at the tables for either Flourecent Red or Red (dark red). Then you look at the sizes of the sheets like 12"x12" then choose the thickness, click on the part number and that's what you order.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts