Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up my Scout Bobber ABS a little over a week ago. I didn't particularly want ABS but they couldn't get me one without it so they price matched to the regular one. I haven't had much of a chance to ride it since the weather has been terrible. Here it is on the show room floor.

Attachments

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It didn't take too long to start little modifications. I did have the dealer do two things for me. I had them install the Vance and Hines slip ons and the upgraded air intake from Indian. I was fully capable of doing it but I live 300 miles from an Indian dealer and they just did the computer flash during the install. I also had some other things rolled into the sale at the time. I got the passenger seat w/ backrest and the passenger pegs at the time. I won't be using that much for a couple years but I wanted to have it for my daughter. She's almost 7 and I gave her a quick ride the other day but I just don't think she's quite ready.

I also had the LED headlight upgrade rolled in as well as the solo luggage rack. The luggage rack is on back order so I'm just waiting on that to arrive.

I immediately took the tank sticker off the top, the rear fender reflector, and flipped my mirrors down. I ordered a radiator guard and I just painted that last night with roll cage paint so I'm waiting for that to dry and I'll install that today. The led headlight is installed as well.

Those will be the only mods for the time being but I can say that I want a Corbin seat on it. If for nothing else than the elimination of my ass sliding off the back it'll be worth it. I do rather like the look of the one that's shown on corbins site. I'll probably keep the same brown look as the stock on as I like the contrast. Here are some pictures....

Attachments

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes it says Harley on the helmet. The helmet is actually made by Scorpion but they didn't have the same lower face shield design as the Harley one. I ordered a decal to cover it so I'll see how that looks. I'm kind of debating on leaving it as a small nod to my grandpa.......the only other bike rider in my family to my knowledge. My dad had a couple of bikes but didn't ride much and they weren't an Indian or a Harley.

·
Rider
1,237 Posts
Those will be the only mods for the time being but I can say that I want a Corbin seat on it. If for nothing else than the elimination of my ass sliding off the back it'll be worth it.
If you want a softer, wider seat that will hold you into position on wide open throttles at a fraction of the cost of a Corbin, I'd recommend the OEM Comfort Seat...

had mine since last week and the difference is night and day - I'm no longer begging to get off of the bike after 50 miles and no longer scared of flying off of the back of the seat when hitting 5500rpms in 2nd gear...

only downside is finding one - if you find one, immediately scoop it up...

Call around - it's so worth the research 🤘🏼😏

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
how much did it lift you up so to speak. I'm a short guy and I like the fact my feet can plant firmly on the ground. Any idea if there is a difference between the OEM comfort seat and Corbin with regards to that?

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Got my Indian decal today. Looks ok. I think a war bonnet would have been better but it would have had to be huge to be centered and still cover the Harley logo.

·
Rider
1,237 Posts
Love the helmet 🤘🏼

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ok question here. I have the vance and hines slash cut 3 inch slip ons and the indian performance intake or air filter whatever it is. How fast should my pipes have yellowed/blued? I had like 20 miles on it and they did, plus it's quite boggy from 1st to second. Is there a possibility they didn't do a damn thing with tuning it for the changes made to the bike? I'm a little bummed with this. I emailed the manager tonight and I'll see what they said. I'd just take it back but I'm 300 miles away. From what I've been told is that I should just get a tuner anyways........

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well I need up getting a tuner and a custom tune for it today. The dealership I bought my bike from said it may have dropped the stage one tune. They wanted me to bring it back but I live 300 miles away. I'll go there when my 500 miles in on but not before that so I figured what the hell might as well spend some money. I got my quiet core baffles today too for the Vance and Hines. I ended up taking some packing out just to get them in the pipes. Yuck too quiet. I took 3/4 of the packing out and it's still too quiet. I do like the refined sound I get with them but I just want it louder. Went back to the stock baffles that came with it. I might try taking a bit more out and see what happens. Too bad you have to take the head shields off to get the baffles out or I'd be playing with it right now. At least I have a tuner coming so if I just change exhaust all together I'm set.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I got my tuner and custom tune from Ryan at Charlotte Indian installed today. Holy shit boys and girls. It runs better idles better and it's faster than shit! I'll brag him up all day long. Lloydz garage tuning. Check him out! I've heard this forum isn't a huge fan of him but as I said I'll brag about him all day long. Unreal. Love my bike now!

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
hey just tossing this out there......I"m really debating on swapping exhaust already. Not because I don't like the Vance and Hines but because I plan on riding with a passenger every so often but I plan on taking the passenger pegs off and rear seat when I ride solo. The stock exhaust setup doesn't exhaust make this easy. I'm thinking about going to the hacker hayhem setup simple because it drops the exhaust out of the way. Would anyone be interested in purchasing my stock exhaust and or the vance and hines slip ons to fund this project? I'd include the quiet core baffles with the vance and hines. Let me know if anyone is interested and I'll think a little harder if I want to make the purchase.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts