Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, I’ve spent a ton of time looking at all your bikes, I figured I’d share mine. I spent most of last year on deployment to Afghanistan, and spent nearly all my free time staring at Indians. When I got back in February, I planned on picking up a nice used bike once things warmed up here in Maine. Well, long story short, I brought home a new dark horse about two weeks after I got home. Oops.

I love the bike, but I just can’t handle new Indian accessory prices. So, I’ve done some things to save some money, but I think she’s still a beauty.

upload_2019-5-8_22-51-31.jpeg

upload_2019-5-8_22-53-5.jpeg

So far, I found some nice used soft bags (1/3 new price), mustang seats (used, 1/3 price), xmt sissy bar and rear crash bars (they’re both awesome, in case you’re on the fence), Lindby linbars, list goes on. I bought the lindbys in raw metal and powder coated gloss black.

upload_2019-5-8_22-52-34.jpeg

I had some chrome Kuryakyn speakers from my VTX, and was going to just buy new black ones. But, then I discovered plastidip. Looks great. Plastidipped the windshield pieces too. For the phone, I bought a 19.99 knockoff fork bag off eBay that wasn’t going to work on the forks, so I mounted it on the handlebars. I took off the Concho and bolted on a belt clip case. The phone itself is an old iPhone I kept. I keep in on the bike all time time, and hotspot it off my active phone for gps and music. Case is waterproof, perfect setup for me. Love the phone in the center.

upload_2019-5-8_22-50-19.jpeg

Did this today. Replaced the chrome bezels. I added the buffalo nickel and painted both that and the rubber fuel gauge slot cover gloss black. I think gloss black accents the matte perfectly.

upload_2019-5-8_22-49-6.jpeg

I think she’s the last bike I’ll ever own. Safe travels.

Erik

·
Registered
369 Posts
Hey guys, I’ve spent a ton of time looking at all your bikes, I figured I’d share mine. I spent most of last year on deployment to Afghanistan, and spent nearly all my free time staring at Indians. When I got back in February, I planned on picking up a nice used bike once things warmed up here in Maine. Well, long story short, I brought home a new dark horse about two weeks after I got home. Oops.

I love the bike, but I just can’t handle new Indian accessory prices. So, I’ve done some things to save some money, but I think she’s still a beauty.

So far, I found some nice used soft bags (1/3 new price), mustang seats, tcmt sissy bar and rear crash bars (they’re both awesome, in case you’re on the fence), Lindby linbars, list goes on. I bought the lindbys in raw metal and powder coated gloss black.

I had some chrome Kuryakyn speakers from my VTX, and was going to just buy new black ones. But, then I discovered plastidip. Looks great. Plastidipped the windshield pieces too. For the phone, I bought a 19.99 knockoff fork bag off eBay that wasn’t going to work on the forks, so I mounted it on the handlebars. I took off the Concho and bolted on a belt clip case. The phone itself is an old iPhone I kept. I keep in on the bike all time time, and hotspot it off my active phone for gps and music. Case is waterproof, perfect setup for me. Love the phone in the center.

Did this today. Replaced the chrome bezels. I added the buffalo nickel and painted both that and the rubber fuel gauge slot cover gloss black. I think gloss black accents the matte perfectly.

I think she’s the last bike I’ll ever own. Safe travels.

Erik
Pictures are not showing

·
Registered
369 Posts
I have the same bike, can you post the link where you got the sissy bar and passenger backrest? also is that the indian windshield?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
and the link for the bag holding the phone as well if you don't mind!! thanks!
Indian Motorcycle Fork Bag With Chrome Concho ~ 8 1/4” x 4” SHIPS FREE! | eBay

I bought this. For the phone, I had an otter box case and belt clip for the spare phone. I popped off the actual clip off the case, took off the concho (it leaves a single bolt hole), ran a spare bolt through the phone holder and the lip of the bag and done. I’ll take some more pics in the light.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07LBQBC9B/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

That’s the sissy bar with pad and luggage rack. I’ve read the “Chinese knockoff” gripes, but I don’t see how this could be of any more quality, especially for the price. It went on tight, feels solid.

And yes, 19” Indian windshield. Like I said, plastidipped the hardware.

·
Registered
369 Posts

I bought this. For the phone, I had an otter box case and belt clip for the spare phone. I popped off the actual clip off the case, took off the concho (it leaves a single bolt hole), ran a spare bolt through the phone holder and the lip of the bag and done. I’ll take some more pics in the light.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07LBQBC9B/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

That’s the sissy bar with pad and luggage rack. I’ve read the “Chinese knockoff” gripes, but I don’t see how this could be of any more quality, especially for the price. It went on tight, feels solid.

Awesome! I appreciate it!

·
Registered
280 Posts
Welcome home brother! How do you like that Mustang seat? I just ordered it and the passenger seat today.

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Would the small Scout bag fit on my DH handlebars?

·
Rider
743 Posts

I have the same sissybar but the chieftain spools are larger, so I ground them out and had it powder coated gloss black. I wanted that one because it was shorter than Indians and I saved a bunch of money. Great looking bike

·
Registered
302 Posts
Welcome home brother and thanks for your service. Love your ride and the changes you have completed. I was over in Japan the last couple of years and did the same thing you did as far as researching the Indian brand before returning back to the states. I knew what I wanted when I returned as far as going with Indian just needed to pick the exact motorcycle I wanted. When I got back, went down and picked up the CDH. Haven't looked back. Nice idea on getting the Lindby and getting it powered coated. Like the look, had one on my last bike and really enjoyed the setup.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts