Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Bronze member
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a Mustang Wide Tripper seat with built in backrest for years on my Road Glide. It was easily the best seat I've had on any bike. Comfortable, nicely made and the built in rider backrest was fantastic. I now see they are being made for (2017-18) Springfield. Anyone got one yet? Pics maybe? Will I still be able to use my 14" sissy bar/luggage rack?

Many thanks in advance.

·
Bronze member
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Checked their website?
I did. I sent an email asking if it would fit my Springfield with the OEM sissy bar and they said it would "fit most seats in the Chieftain spec" which, per their site includes the Springfield. Now I just need to pick a color...black or brown. I had the distressed brown on my blue pearl Road Glide and loved it. Now I have a blue/silver Springfield. Was hoping for a pic to see how it'll look, but I may have to be the guinea pig!

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
I looked at their website and pretty sure they said they were not making anything but black. Brown or tan has been discontinued....may want to confirm.

·
Bronze member
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I looked at their website and pretty sure they said they were not making anything but black. Brown or tan has been discontinued....may want to confirm.

I hadn't noticed that but thanks for the heads up! That just made the decision a lot easier!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I know this is an old post, but @Elbohead did you end up getting the Wide Tripper for your Springfield? I’m considering the same...looking for some passenger comfort and a bit more leg room for me.

·
Bronze member
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I did buy the Mustang seat. It's been on my Springfield for about 8 months now and I'm very happy with it. Definitely moves you back and down a bit. I noticed . had been moved back when I pulled the kickstand back in and had to make more of o reach! Quality is awesome, looks fantastic, it's much more comfortable than the stock seat. Also, the built in backrest feels great and is fully adjustable on the fly.

I am running it strictly solo, so I cannot offer advice regarding how well it'll work with a passenger set up.

Here's a pic.
Vehicle Motorcycle Automotive tire Tire Motorcycle accessories

·
Registered
977 Posts
Any update, pics for the passenger seat? Considering buying for my 2016 Springfield, I need more comfort for my wife.

I know the Roadmaster seat fits, Genuine Leather Touring Heated Seat - Black, Item # 2882563-02, but it cost $824

Wide Tripper™ One-Piece Seat with Diamond Stitching for Indian Chieftain models 2014-18
P# 75397, cost $287

Quite a price difference... :oops:

Reactions: DDBCK

·
Registered
977 Posts
Reactions: DDBCK

·
Registered
32 Posts
I did buy the Mustang seat. It's been on my Springfield for about 8 months now and I'm very happy with it. Definitely moves you back and down a bit. I noticed . had been moved back when I pulled the kickstand back in and had to make more of o reach! Quality is awesome, looks fantastic, it's much more comfortable than the stock seat. Also, the built in backrest feels great and is fully adjustable on the fly.

I am running it strictly solo, so I cannot offer advice regarding how well it'll work with a passenger set up.

Here's a pic. View attachment 576678
Hi,
That's what I'm looking for. I hate my OEM seat on my Springfield. It's too small and the pressure points make my but numb after 20 min. of riding.

How is the Mustang seat different?

·
Bronze member
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi,
That's what I'm looking for. I hate my OEM seat on my Springfield. It's too small and the pressure points make my but numb after 20 min. of riding.

How is the Mustang seat different?
The Mustang definitely moved me down and back a bit which feels less like sitting on top of the bike and too close to the tank which was a big improvement. What I'm not crazy about with the Mustang is that the sides (where the inside of your thighs are) is wider which pushes your legs farther apart and makes it a bit of a pain at a stop. At my height (5'10") It's just a bit more difficult to flat foot than OEM.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Thanks for your reply. Love the Indian forum guys.

Interesting because I would think that the wider seat would make things nor comfortable by a leading the pressure around more. Never occurred to me that it would effect putting your feet on the ground, especially because you say you're lower than stock.

So in general, would you say you prefer the Mustang to stock?

·
Registered
977 Posts
from website

View attachment 593295
I ended
Thanks for your reply. Love the Indian forum guys.

Interesting because I would think that the wider seat would make things nor comfortable by a leading the pressure around more. Never occurred to me that it would effect putting your feet on the ground, especially because you say you're lower than stock.

So in general, would you say you prefer the Mustang to stock?
I ended up buying a Roadmaster seat, used, on ebay for $450. I really like it, comfortable, more room, and it has heat.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts