Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at changing seats from my 2014 tan vintage seat that I had Mean City Cycle do their mods on to either the Mustang or Ultimate seats. Has anyone tried both on their Indians? My last experience was with a mustang seat on my 2000 Roadstar that I had for over 18 years and loved it. However I know each bike rides different and have not talked to anyone that put a mustang seat on an Indian. I have read of many others who have the Ultimate but would like to hear from those that have tried both.

Thank you
John

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
I own two Indians I bought a Ultimate for one and a Mustang for the other. I ended up selling the Mustang seat and buying another Ultimate. Both are great seats but after long rides the Ultimate seat was alot more comfortable and gave me better support in my low back. The Ultimate is a little more expensive but well worth it IMO.
20190518_123641.jpg
20181209_165633.jpg

·
Rider
629 Posts
I’ve had them both on other bikes. I will say the Mustang is way better than a factory seat, but the Ultimate is that much better than the Mustang! When I get a new seat, it will be an ultimate

·
Bronze member
1,914 Posts
Had a Mustang seat on my bike. Heard great things about Ultimate and bought a used one from a friend who sold their bike. Used it 1 trip and put the Mustang back on. Much prefer the Mustang. Seats are like oils. Each has their own preference.

·
Bronze member
1,184 Posts
I hated the stock seat on my Springfield. I also considered a Mustang and an Ultimate when I decided to change it out. My buddy has an Ultimate on his Chieftain and let me ride his bike for a while to see what I thought. It was nice, But I felt like I was up too high and it also felt very stiff. I'd had a Mustang on my '12 Road glide and really liked it and that's what I ended up going with. It has the great comfort and positioning that I remember. Definitely a keeper.
springfield mustang.jpg

·
Registered
16 Posts
Have had a mustang on my 14 chieftain since week two.... Love it and wouldn't go back! Have had ultimate seats on a valk and wing and loved them both as well. But the mustang really is a great fit and ride for me on the Indian.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
I had a mustang on 1 of my Harleys a pretty good seat. I do a lot of long distance riding in the summer. I had an ultimate on a victory and returned it. A good seat also up to 500 mile day but after that no good for me. But remember something everyone’s ass is different. I can run a 900 mile day on my stock 18 limited seat no problem. My brother can’t run 400 miles on the same seat and his ass is on fire ! What works for one doesn’t necessarily work for all. Trial and error unfortunately does it. What I like about ultimate is they allowed me to return it.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Like others I have had mustang seats on several previous bikes and appreciated the comfort over stock, but price wise for the 2up Roadmaster seat the price seems about the same between Ultimate and Mustang.

·
Rider
1,566 Posts
I have a tan tall boy ultimate on my 18 vintage. Seats are as subjective to individuals as exhaust systems. A few things to think about with the ultimate would be.

1.They allow a trial period on non custom color seats. If you don’t like it you get a full refund of the seats price your just out the shipping and handling to get it back to them.
2. I got one of the last tan seats as something happened and they couldn’t source the tan but that was over a year ago. Call them and see what the status is in that they are very friendly and will help you.
3.I knew the tan was not an exact match when I got it but at some point I’ll have my local car upholstery guy change covers. As you can see a difference in leather on the tank bib vs. seat.
1281A6E3-1FF2-4282-8809-3BFA2D2C70B1.jpeg

1 - 11 of 11 Posts