Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Can't wait, that date can't get here fast enough, PLEASE, I need relief....this stock seat is tearing our butts up.

·
Registered
57 Posts
If the seat is so bad why doesn't Indian fix it?
tripps,, there is a fella in florida, I think remember a vet?, that does seat refits for about $100 plus ship cost. I had him do one of my stock seats and it was great. I have had several mustangs before and this was better w/o it being too overstuffed couchy.. I think this is the guy, but will do more digging www.meancitycycles.com I mite be mixing it up one of the vendors I used b4.. will keep looking, websites change, this doesnt look the same. poncho

·
Early joiner
235 Posts
Can't wait for the Mustang seats to come out...I transferred the last Mustang driver and backrest to the last three Road Kings I had. I've ridden up to 10 hours in a day and never had a hot spot. Can't say enough good things about them.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I do not like the stock seat ... start to get sore after 50 miles. Hope Mustang does it justice soon, had great experience with their seats on Road King. Hoping something that will put me further back about 2".

·
Early joiner
235 Posts
...got an email from Kim Kulman with Mustang (sales and service) that said a seat for the Chieftain should be out by the end of May.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Mustang lists seats on their website. The seat for the Chieftain positions the rider 1 1/2" further back. Doesn't mention anything about seat height. Doesn't specify leather.

Updated info direct from Mustang... "#7972 will set you back appx 1.5" but won't lower you appreciably from stock. This seat is covered in elk-embossed expanded vinyl which will endure better than leather."

·
Early joiner
235 Posts
...just ordered seats and backrests for my Chieftain yesterday...according to sale department, should be about 1-2 weeks out. My last Mustang seat lasted 11 years and was still in good shape when I traded it in with my Hardley Davidson Road King on May 2nd.

·
Registered
42 Posts
mbgallo, good deal, look forward to hearing your review. I spoke with them today trying to get the specs on the passenger to solo mounting location. I'm hopeful the Indian solo rack can use the Mustang solo mounting holes, or at least be adapted easily. From the passenger pad pics, it appears it mounts to the solo similar to the Indian stock setup. They couldn't give me any information until they materialize in a couple weeks.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Got mine ordered today, they said approx. 2 weeks, can't wait. These stock seats are on short time, thank God. It really is a disappointment that the stock seats aren't any better than they are....they could have done better. But I always heard it said that once you had Mustang seats, you'll never want anything else. SO TRUE.

·
Registered
21 Posts
That's $335 for the stud and braid solo seat and $200 more for the backrest. NO , the seat by itself will not work with any of the stock Indian backrests or passenger seat.

·
Registered
4 Posts
So how's the Corbin? Do you use a rack will it fit with the new seat? I took off the passenger seat and added the solo rack worried it won't fit if I get a new seat

·
Early joiner
235 Posts
Just got my Mustang seats and backrests installed...feels like it sits me back further than the 1 1/2 inches claimed..fits my butt to a tee. Awesome feel and look...a grand well spent!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 22 Posts