Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I spoke to Neal at Mustang seats in Three Rivers Ma.
They are saying that Scout seats will be available "mid-season"

·
Founding member / Distinguished
2019 Roadmaster matte black and gray
3,115 Posts
Nice! I'm looking forward to that. Had a mustang on my last bike (sold this morning) would love to have one one the scout.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
That will be great, especially if available with the built in backrest!

·
Registered
656 Posts
The main reason I have held off on some of the additional accessories is waiting to see how I like the stock seat. Have had a corbin on the VRod but am very interested in a Mustang seat so waiting for bags etc. until I know for sure hopefully will save me some $$ down the road. That and having the bike would help too!!

·
Distinguished Founding Member
5,337 Posts
Had Great Luck with Mustang Seats on almost all my Rides .. The only one didn't fly well was my Vic Cross Country they fumbled the ball on that one ..

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Mid-season - that could mean anything from ski to duck. I love their products - probably worth the wait.
Yup.. Big difference between mid season WI and mid season AZ. But, they are located in MA..............

Reactions: Cindy

·
Registered
694 Posts
interested in the mustang seat also because ive read that the stock seat is not comfortable for longer rides. also, the mustang seat will most likely be black, another reason im holding off on the bags.......

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
interested in the mustang seat also because ive read that the stock seat is not comfortable for longer rides. also, the mustang seat will most likely be black, another reason im holding off on the bags.......
Seats are very personal. I suggest trying it yourself or a while before making and decisions. Just my 2cents

Reactions: thekid

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Gotta believe they'll come out with a tan, leather look vinyl. Too many Vintage owners to lose out on with only black covers...

·
Registered
733 Posts
Seats very important since it is where the rider meets the machine and everything that goes on beneath it. I posted earlier though that as explained to me by someone who makes seats for a living the problem today is not so much design as fill material, and that comfort has fallen pray to recycling. I have owned a few seats and on machines from luxury to functional and after three hours I knew I was on a motorcycle on every single one of them, addmitedly more so on some then others, butt things considered I knew I was on the road and not at home.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Gotta say that I never owned a Corbin or Mustang seat that I didn't like. Just look forward to seeing what will come down the road, especially since the Scout backrest won't work with the extended reach seat. I want a solo/backrest equipped seat :)

·
Registered
304 Posts
I spoke to Neal at Mustang seats in Three Rivers Ma.
They are saying that Scout seats will be available "mid-season"
I'm waiting to see if there will be some additional after market bags...don't like the way they look but love the color.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Gotta say that I never owned a Corbin or Mustang seat that I didn't like. Just look forward to seeing what will come down the road, especially since the Scout backrest won't work with the extended reach seat. I want a solo/backrest equipped seat :)
+1 for Corbin....

·
Registered
656 Posts
Update: Mustang just picked up my Scout for R&D.
Sweet - maybe by the time my Red Scout finally arrives they will have something figured out for it! Thanks for the update!

·
Registered
305 Posts
Really hoping they have some news sooner than 'mid-season' I need to invest in a passenger seat and sissy bar for the wife. If Mustang has options in black to help black out the matte black bike I'm getting I want to go that route. I don't want to put $800+ into Indian seats and backrests if I can get a more comfortable option...

1 - 20 of 110 Posts