Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,169 Posts

As if you needed another reason to make it out to Sturgis this year... Mustang, a custom seat maker out of Massachusetts, will be showing off their new lineup of seats for the 2014 Indian line. These high quality seats will be on display at the Sturgis Indian dealership that opened some weeks ago for any and all that show up to sample and oggle.

The seats are the same high quality seats that Mustang has produced for years. Construction is based on a marine grade fiberglass to keep decay and also weight down. The foam is a controlled density foam that has allowed Mustang to fine tune the comfort aspects of the seats. The positioning of the seat of your pants is moved around a bit with each model and they are sure to have something to fit every rider. They haven't forgotten about those that like to go 2-up either. They have several options for the passenger pad, along with backrests for both passenger and solo riding.

Full pricing is available on their website for the Chief Classic, Chief Vintage, and Chieftain, but I can tell you that they start just over $300, and run well North of $500 for the solo seats, and the passenger seats are in the $200 range.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Will the stock passenger seat fit, or the stock drivers backrest

·
Registered
355 Posts
I don't know if the stock passenger seat would fit, but I do know that the stock luggage rack that is supposed to take the place of the stock seat will not work as is currently configured. Not sure about the stock backrest either, but a quick call to Mustang would answer these questions.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts