Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are everyone's must haves to keep with bike while riding?...Things like -Tire plug/repair kit...rain gear...

Reactions: SJ12DS

·
Rider
986 Posts
Minimal but over the years I carry extra now due to experience and especially during the fall and spring when weather can change abruptly.

Neck gaiter
Cold weather gloves(in addition to my regular gloves)
The Indian tools that came with the bike rolled up(fits nice in the little cutout in the saddle bag)
Rain suit in the original suit bag
Light sweatshirt for an added layer
A kickstand puck(usually a mini but also full sized on road trips)
Small camping first aid kit
Extra pair of glasses(Sh!t happens!)
Lens cleaner
Small pack of wipes and TP for road trips

The list seems like a lot but it all fits compactly enough in my bags with tons of room to spare.
Road trips I usually wear and carry more PPE(Personal Protective Equipment) Leather jacket with liner on me with of course the usual cell phone, wallet, keys, FOB, Garage door opener, Multi tool and if I am traveling through reciprocal states then a G27/G23.;)

Hopefully this helps you out. It seems like a lot but it really isn't.

·
Silver member
5,044 Posts
For everyday riding I carry one extra layer (zippered hooodie), small tool kit with metric L allens, electrical tape, needle nose, tire gauge, a small crescent, zip ties (an old Harley habit) and a 10mm open end/box end wrench, some terry towels for padding and cleaning glasses, small stuff sack with guantlets, glove liners, and neck warmer, extra riding glasses, a water bottle, and small stuff sack with some band aids, and minor first aid stuff.

On a cross country trip the list grows significantly.

·
Bronze member
1,965 Posts
What are everyone's must haves to keep with bike while riding?...Things like -Tire plug/repair kit...rain gear...
A small air compressor. Plug repair kit won’t be much help without it. Mine plugs into the battery maintainer plug. Extra FOB battery. If you travel where there is limited or no cell service or ride solo one of these could save your life. Only activate mine on long distance or mountainous rides.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
3,682 Posts
I also do a small battery operated air compressor. Works great for the air shock and can get a tire back to the correct pressure. I also usually keep the rain suit on hand for any rain and a small piece of wood for the kickstand for gravel or warm asphalt. Dean

1 - 9 of 9 Posts