Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys.
First of all, I wish you're safe. Right now, I'm grounded because of the covid-19 outbreak.
I've bought my FTR just a couple of weeks ago and I couldn't listen to any music with my helmet's headset, neither using a pen drive or a phone.
The guy at the Dealership didn't even know about Ridecommand on the FTR. Did you have any issues with this?
Thank you very much.
Stay safe, please!
PM

·
Registered
148 Posts
What's the exact issue with your headset? Does it connect?
How is the pen drive formatted? I think only fat32 is supported.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi! Thanks for the reply. I've tried with all kinds off format types and even usb types. I've bought a 3.0 pen drive and formatted it in fat32. The songs appear on the bike's screen, so I assume it is reading the index, but the files are not not read. The songs don't star and, of course, they don't sound. The same happens with the phone.
I assumed it could be a problem with the headset but if works fine if I connect ir directly to the phone (iPhone 6s).
All the devices, iPhone, pen drive and headset are sync with the bike.
I don't know if it has something to do with another issue I've seen around here. The bike is not recognized by the Ridecommand app, via bluetooth, soo it does not sync.

Thanks!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Your phone and ride command show the music is playing but you can't hear it right? If you have both your headset and ride command both connected your phone will try to stream music through the ride command connection treating it like a headset. If you go to the music app while something is playing like here

At the bottom it shows what the music is streaming through, it'll probably end up saying FTR1200 just click on that and this will pop up

Select your headset connection instead. I have this issue with my packtalk for some reason it tries to play through the ride command connection first and not my headset. Also the ride command app isn't compatible with the FTR atm

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
What I find works for me, is to connect the headset to the bike only and have the phone forget the headset. Connect the phone to the bike. Rarely drop out and no issues. Display will show both icons connected thru the rideconnect. I play music only, no intercom.

·
Registered
679 Posts
yeah you need to connect the headset to the bike and the phone/drive to the bike then it works.
i don't use the ride command for my music, i just have my ipod straight to my headset and that's it

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Thanks to all ok you for the prompt answers. I'll try to sneak to the common garage this evening (we need to keep social distancing and the building is quite big) and try all of your suggestions.

It's an honor to be a part of such a community. Once again, thank you all.
Keep safe, please.
PS. I love my bike!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts