Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to install some slip-on pipes on my Scout Bobber and have read reviews that the supplied exhaust clamps with the aftermarket exhaust kit are subpar. Anyone reuse their Indian OEM clamps from the stock pipes without any issue? Or should I bite the bullet now and buy a new set of clamps?

·
Registered
493 Posts
Going to install some slip-on pipes on my Scout Bobber and have read reviews that the supplied exhaust clamps with the aftermarket exhaust kit are subpar. Anyone reuse their Indian OEM clamps from the stock pipes without any issue? Or should I bite the bullet now and buy a new set of clamps?
Use stock mate. They are good clamps. I busted a V&H one with my 3" slip ons. They only threaded through one of the two barrels and looked and felt low quality, rubbish.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Use stock mate. They are good clamps. I busted a V&H one with my 3" slip ons. They only threaded through one of the two barrels and looked and felt low quality, rubbish.
That’s what I’m installing and what I had read about those clamps. I’ll pick up another set of the stock clamps. Thanks for confirming the VH ones are junk.

Reactions: muz

·
Registered
113 Posts
I had no issue with the V&H clamps... the bolts they supplied with them were too short, though, so I ran to Lowes and bought a longer set.

·
Bronze member
1,081 Posts
Stock clamps didn’t fit over the Vance and Hines. I’m looking for a new set of clamps. Found a similar set as stock on amazon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts