Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I removed the lowers on my RM so I could install felt inserts in the glove boxes and when I reinstalled the lowers, I purposely moved them to the farthest point from the bike. End result is an additional 3/4-1" of opening on the inside closest to the engine. Anyone else try this to see if there was additional air flow and did it make a difference for the heat around the CAT. I know some have completely removed the lowers in the summer months for additional air flow Unfortunately we have snow ❄ on the ground so I won't be able to tell if it makes a difference or not until April.

Ron

·
Registered
511 Posts
Interesting! Felt liners sound nice! I'd be interested to see if moving them creates any leg buffeting. I get quite enough leg buffeting with how they are set up now. I have never moved mine but may think about seeing if I can change their position a little bit to try and mitigate that. With my feet flat on the floor boards, the cuff of my pants will flare up a little bit and funnel air up my lower leg. Annoying when it's freezing out. The only way I can really get my pant legs to be calm, is putting my heel on the floorboard and the tip of my shoe on the inner part of the highway peg. Then the pants don't buffet and get blown around so much.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts