Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After swearing my scout would be my last bike ever, I’m trading it in tomorrow to pick up a 2018 Springfield Darkhorse. The Springfield is a new 2018, I’m getting it for $18500 and getting $6500 for the Scout and $1000 trade in bonus. Seems like a fair deal, they are still Pushing the extended warranty for $1250. I’m getting the $750 military bonus and have a referral code that is supposed to give me an extra $250.

Thoughts on the deal?

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That’s my issue.... I’m never a “good enough” type of guy.... I want plain out right good.... but I’m happy. Got loads of scout parts for sale now

·
Registered
108 Posts
After swearing my scout would be my first bike ever, I’m trading it in tomorrow to pick up a 2018 Springfield Darkhorse. The Springfield is a new 2018, I’m getting it for $18500 and getting $6500 for the Scout and $1000 trade in bonus. Seems like a fair deal, they are still Pushing the extended warranty for $1250. I’m getting the $750 military bonus and have a referral code that is supposed to give me an extra $250.

Thoughts on the deal?

Depends on how new the scout is and how many miles are on it. Overall I think you got a good deal and smart move on the DH. Thats crazy they still had a 2018 new one in stock! I bought y 2019 DH in January after my wife decided she wanted the scout and ditched the suzuki savage. She’s been a happy camper and I’ve been loving mine. No regrets at all. The bigger bike might feel intimating at first but now when I get on the scout it feels like a scooter. I won’t go back to mid-sized bikes as my primary rider.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have the rear pillion seat, back rest(only had a ass in the seat twice) a Scout fly screen (actually works well), rear pegs, the spools to mount the seat, I have a brand new scout pathfinder head light. All in the original boxes. I have the rear rack I powder coated too. It’s chrome under the powder coating

All located conveniently in Memphis Tn

·
Silver member
3,433 Posts
Congrats.
I just recently purchased a Chieftain. I didn't trade my Scout in though as I'm trying to sell it privately.
Sad to eventually see the scout go but not regretting it in the least. Love my new bike and wish I did it sooner.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I’m the same way, loved the light weight, just so easy to jump on it to do my jaunts. I felt they could have done better on the trade but it’s not the market. I had planned on keeping both but I have just too many toys already.

·
Registered
254 Posts
You will love the DH Springfield. I bought a left over 2018 last Sept and have enjoyed every mile. If you are happy with the deal, that's all that counts

·
Silver member
3,339 Posts
The deals over move on and forget the numbers. I don’t like to let the money numbers diminish the joy of a new bike.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have the rear pillion seat, back rest(only had a ass in the seat twice) a Scout fly screen (actually works well), rear pegs, the spools to mount the seat, I have a brand new scout pathfinder head light. All in the original boxes. I have the rear rack I powder coated too. It’s chrome under the powder coating

All located conveniently in Memphis Tn
If you still have the scout pathfinder led headlight, how much do you want for it?

·
Registered
182 Posts
I also picked up a leftover 18 Springfield DH about 4 weeks ago. Price was a little higher but from what I see on Cycle trader that seems to be the norm for the Boston area. With the $1000 trade in bonus the trade in was $500 less than I paid for a new leftover 17 Victory Gunner less than a year ago. 1600 miles later I'm happy with the deal.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Did you make the deal? I am a numbers guy when making a bike purchase. Want to make sure I am getting the best deal I can but really the biggest thought is if you are happy and it meets what you think is a good deal for your household. My pops used to tell me "it is what two fools can agree upon". Basically, if you are happy with the numbers and you won't be "bike poor" then that is a good deal. Good luck to you and hope you find what is best for you.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I bought the Springfield. Love it. They changed the Scouts oil and sold it for $8900. Only good thing is I know the guy who bought it and he’s buying all my accessories for a K

1 - 15 of 15 Posts