Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am probably the last person to hear about this, but it was mentioned in the Indian Spring magazine. I looked it up and it's really a cool site. I think it's worldwide, which doesn't interest me outside of the US, but nationwide by state rides that are good to ride. Of course it's a user name and password signup and that's all it takes. I drank 3 cups of my morning coffee absorbing it. I've not seen or heard of it before, if you haven't you should check it out. Quite often when we are getting ready to go for a ride it's "which way are we going to go"? It would be a good source for ideas, and even longer trip planning.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
583 Posts
I really wish there was like a "google maps" for Motorcycles. Yes I know you can select "avoid highways" on google maps. But I'd still like to be able to "Point A / Point B" and have it spit out on that website.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Second last, apparently. It's even newer to me here in Australia. I chased it up and there are only two bike roads listed for us. We need a lot more users to add some roads.
Sounds like you'd better get busy adding some roads. How else am I supposed to figure it out if I ever come over there? We've done our job here, just for you!!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Rider
620 Posts
I really wish there was like a "google maps" for Motorcycles. Yes I know you can select "avoid highways" on google maps. But I'd still like to be able to "Point A / Point B" and have it spit out on that website.
Here ya go. Has an iOS and Android app as well

Can plan your route on the website and send it to your app. You can put in how many miles you want to ride and which general direction you want to go and it'll find you twistys to go ride on. Bunch of neato stuff. Most of the "what you need" is free butthe premium stuff addds a bit. You can record your favorite routes and share them, you can ride other people's routes.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Thank you. That's exactly what I've been on the hunt for!!!! Perfect! Now need to research how to get that data from the site into the Ride command! I never bothered to research that because I just did the lazy way and calculated the route and checked "avoid highways"

·
Rider
620 Posts
The developers are very active in the reviews sections on the apps so I would shoot them an email or call if they have a number, they seem very willing to make sure their customers are happy

·
Registered
583 Posts
Signed up. Color me surprised when I was able to download the GPX file without having to pay a silver nickel. That's FREE too!

The developers are very active in the reviews sections on the apps so I would shoot them an email or call if they have a number, they seem very willing to make sure their customers are happy

·
Registered
583 Posts
I believe there is a way to convert a GPX file into something RideCommand can recognize / read from. I saw it a while ago when I was doing some research. I just need to find it again.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Even better, the Indian Ride Command website must have been updated. Because now there is an import ride button on the website. Click it, dragged the exported GPX file from that other website and EUREKA it's there. I didn't have to do squat....

Did it for you

·
Registered
583 Posts
Yup, thanks to you. Now I don't have to spend the next few week plotting out waypoints on the Ride Command website in order to head up to Lake George for Americade in a few months!

·
Rider
620 Posts
Ha you're welcome 😊

Never heard of Americade. That looks like a lot of fun. I'm from Wisconsin so we got the Tomahawk rally here. Went for the first time in 2018 and was awesome

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
REVER is what you seek.

Reactions: Super Jute

·
Registered
86 Posts

Can plan your route on the website and send it to your app. You can put in how many miles you want to ride and which general direction you want to go and it'll find you twistys to go ride on. Bunch of neato stuff. Most of the "what you need" is free butthe premium stuff addds a bit. You can record your favorite routes and share them, you can ride other people's routes.
Ok, that's great. Will be passing that along to my father-in-law. Once we get the Scout back on the road, we'll have to get a good ride in, after a few short shakedown runs.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts