Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just found out about these shelters/garages yesterday. Kick myself I didn't sooner. Amazing what a 3 day ice storm will do for ones wallet and internet time!
For all those who don't have a garage, these are the next best thing. I have always covered my bikes, which can be a hassle most times just getting the damn thing on.
These shelters are easier, faster and provide waaay better protection.
Several companies and prices ($300 -$450) to choose (check ebay). Less expensive if you get one without a "floor". My purchase will be the cycleshell (CycleShell Enclosure - Outdoor Motorcycle Cover - Protection as it has a built in floor, so can be used to clean and repair I figure. Also have this company: .Portable Shelters - Excellent resource for all your temporary shelter needs
Small price compared to what I paid for the bike

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
Buddy of mine has one of theses, but he uses it in the garage to protect his bike from his hobbies. Woodwork & welding. He loves it.

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Tarpaulin temporary shelters are great in areas that do not receive high wind or snow! However they collapse and they will cause damage to whatever you are trying to protect. Use the money towards a solid shed. Lasts longer, protects better and you can lock the doors!

·
Founding member
1,005 Posts
Thanks, breeze. I like that CycleShell. A good option for those without a garage or for folks with a garage but no room for 'another' bike. Thanks for posting that.

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
I just found out about these shelters/garages yesterday. Kick myself I didn't sooner. Amazing what a 3 day ice storm will do for ones wallet and internet time!
For all those who don't have a garage, these are the next best thing. I have always covered my bikes, which can be a hassle most times just getting the damn thing on.
These shelters are easier, faster and provide waaay better protection.
Several companies and prices ($300 -$450) to choose (check ebay). Less expensive if you get one without a "floor". My purchase will be the cycleshell (CycleShell Enclosure - Outdoor Motorcycle Cover - Protection as it has a built in floor, so can be used to clean and repair I figure. Also have this company: .Portable Shelters - Excellent resource for all your temporary shelter needs
Small price compared to what I paid for the bike
I have one for each of my bikes (cycle shell). They are great. I live in southern Ontario and store my bikes in winter. I sold my house with garage last year and bought a new townhouse with no garage. Next best thing to a garage. go up in three seconds keep the rain and crap off the bike and you can put em away wet. No complaints from me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts