Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I owned a 2019 Indian Chieftain Dark Horse. I'm debating between the ultimate seat that gives me 1/2 more of leg room but doesn't change the height of the rider or the extended seat from Indian that will give me 2 inches but will raise the height one inch. I'm 6'1, 34 seam any thoughts on the subject? Thanks

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hello, I owned a 2019 Indian Chieftain Dark Horse. I'm debating between the ultimate seat that gives me 1/2 more of leg room but doesn't change the height of the rider or the extended seat from Indian that will give me 2 inches but will raise the height one inch. I'm 6'1, 34 seam any thoughts on the subject? Thanks
I have the extended Indian seat. I felt like I needed to do bars for this seat to work for me so I went with a Saddlemen. I am 6'2. I am not sure that it is 1" higher, Def 2 inches back. Mine has about 40 miles on it if you are interested.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the extended Indian seat. I felt like I needed to do bars for this seat to work for me so I went with a Saddlemen. I am 6'2. I am not sure that it is 1" higher, Def 2 inches back. Mine has about 40 miles on it if you are interested.
I am. Will it fit the Chieftain? How much?

·
Registered
214 Posts
I have the Ultimate Tallboy seat for a chieftain if you are interested in it.

·
Registered
2020 Chief Dark Horse
57 Posts
I have a both an Ultimate and a Corbin Solo seat. Pros and cons for both but when I was shopping for seats I learned that posture is more important than leg room. With arms stretched out too far on long rides the pain starts to develop in neck and shoulders. My Ultimate Mid Rider puts me at near stock position but the Corbin puts me about an inch further back. I have rider backrests for both. At 6'1" I think the Corbin would be perfect for you (I'd be willing to sell mine by the way) or go with an Ultimate Tall Boy.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have a both an Ultimate and a Corbin Solo seat. Pros and cons for both but when I was shopping for seats I learned that posture is more important than leg room. With arms stretched out too far on long rides the pain starts to develop in neck and shoulders. My Ultimate Mid Rider puts me at near stock position but the Corbin puts me about an inch further back. I have rider backrests for both. At 6'1" I think the Corbin would be perfect for you (I'd be willing to sell mine by the way) or go with an Ultimate Tall Boy.
Appreciate the info, I would consider the Corbin but need passenger as well

·
Rider
2017 Springfield
994 Posts
I’m 6’3” and love the Ultimate Tallboy on my ‘17 Springfield.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts