Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,442 Posts

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
I'd be jacked off if it didn't show on time...

·
Registered
5,920 Posts
The link does not work for me... I would beware of Harbor Freight and similar offerings, they seem to be minimally built and could be hazardous when used to their limits. There are good quality offerings there, just make sure the load ratings are WAY higher than what you actually need.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I’d look at the J&S jack system. Comes with oil pan for oil changes, a dolly system you can drop the bike on and wheel the bike around like nothing. The guy even demonstrates the stability by climbing all over the bike while in the full upright position. Pretty wicked! Don’t have a Hearty when ya see the price. Check out their website. J&Sjacks

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes I received mine 3 days after the purchase an is a craftsman jack. But the seller is no longer an ebay seller. Im happy with the purchase. It was only 66 bucks no shipping no tax. Win win in my book.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
4,889 Posts
Yes I received mine 3 days after the purchase an is a craftsman jack. But the seller is no longer an ebay seller. Im happy with the purchase. It was only 66 bucks no shipping no tax. Win win in my book.
I have a Craftsman just like that, works great!

·
Rider
639 Posts
Looks like a bargain to me!!! Good for you! Even harbor freights low end jack is more than $66 and is not the same quality as Craftsman!

·
Registered
288 Posts
Recently bought the J&S jack. Quality compared to Harbor Freight ( which I used to have for my Harley, but gave to a friend) is ridiculous. Apples and oranges. Of course, for almost $800, it should be.

But, we pay so much money for these machines, why skimp on a lift that will support your baby up in the air?

Reactions: Not-the-One

·
Rider
591 Posts
But, we pay so much money for these machines, why skimp on a lift that will support your baby up in the air?
Completely agree! That's why I hire Criss Angel or David Blaine to levitate my bike any time I need it off the ground. $150,000/hr is totally worth it knowing my baby is "in" good hands the entire time.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Recently bought the J&S jack. Quality compared to Harbor Freight ( which I used to have for my Harley, but gave to a friend) is ridiculous. Apples and oranges. Of course, for almost $800, it should be.

I agree with you a 100%, why skimp?
And if you buy the accessories to turn it into the dolly that you can drop you bike on and remove the jack entirely is awesome. You then have the ability to wheel your ride around the garage with ease. It’s great during the winter months, the bike sits elevated like it’s on the alter. You can push it outta the way if needed and still is as stable as the jack. The J&S jack is by far the best jack I’ve seen

·
Bronze member
1,148 Posts
I completely agree that the J&S jack is the best!

How-ever, being that I'm planning on adding a Hannigan sidecar next year, I couldn't justify the price as I wouldn't really be able to use it to it's full potential. So for the time being, I bought the Strongway Jack from Northern Tool. I also had a $20.00 off coupon bringing the cost down to $80.00. Once I have the sidecar, I'll still use the jack to slightly raise the bike so the back tire barely clears the ground making cleaning the rear tire easier.

FREE SHIPPING — Strongway 1500-Lb. Hydraulic Motorcycle Lift/Utility Vehicle Lift | Northern Tool + Equipment

Reactions: Copernicus

·
Bronze member
4,118 Posts

Craftsman tool have been made in China very cheaply for years now, many of the offerings are pure junk. The Taiwan made tools from Lowe's and Home depot are much better in quality.

The Craftsman jack are the same jacks that Harbor Freight sells. They all all made by one Chinese company and are re-branded by many companies.

Also Sears sold off the Craftsman Brand to Black in Decker in 2017.

In the pics below Identical Chinese made jacks branded differently.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
I've hated Craftsman for a long, long time.
As a woodworker, I use a lot of different tools. I bought a belt sander from them back in the mid-90's. About 20 minutes into the first use, the front wheel came off, and I found out it was just a rubber wheel hot glued to a zinc plated shaft.

Took it back, and the guy behind the counter at Sears said "OK, just let me fill out this form and I'll get you your money."
He reached down, and pulled a form off a VERY LARGE stack of the identical form.
I asked him why so many forms?
He replied with a straight face, "Because I have so many tools returned."
I never bought another Craftsman tool, and over on my woodworking forum, there are two distinct camps, those who will use Craftsman, and those who absolutely hate the brand. Those people are much like me, failed tools, high prices, sick of it. Even at my Ace Hardware, who carries the Craftsman brand, they will steer you to the overseas Ace brand before they will try and sell you a Craftsman. Same tool made in the same country at half the price.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts