Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what jack are you using to lift your bike for storage and cleaning i wanted to go with the J&S but have heard bad reviews . any thoughts?

·
Registered
78 Posts
what jack are you using to lift your bike for storage and cleaning i wanted to go with the J&S but have heard bad reviews . any thoughts?
Used a J&S on my Goldwing (with adapter) and it worked great. Raised the bike high enough to pull the rear tire straight down and out and was completely stable. I'd buy another one in a heartbeat if I was still doing my own service work . . . I only have good things to say about J & S jacks.

·
Registered
2021 Challenger
107 Posts
This fix should also work for your ride.....

·
Bronze member
2,236 Posts
I have a j&s. Good lift, horrible customer service. If I were buying new I'd get a pitbull.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Forget about J&S, good lift but the people running that place are a complete disaster and full of excuses. I have a pitbull, purchased a couple years ago. It's a great lift and I have the Indian adapters which are a must. I believe the issue now with pitbull is they either could not figure out how to maintain a website or did not want to so they are phone only. That usually means you are at the mercy of someone answering the phone which in todays world does not end well. Their number is1-888-299-9325. There is pit-bull.com but believe that is a different company.

Seems like there is a huge opportunity for someone to get into the motorcycle lift business if they can do it right and put customers first.

·
Bronze member
2,171 Posts
I too have a J&S and have never had any of the issues I’ve read in other posts.
Rock solid and it works great.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I have the J&S and wouldn’t recommend anyone to do business with this company. I won’t go into details, just check out there BBB rating before buying.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Forget about J&S, good lift but the people running that place are a complete disaster and full of excuses. I have a pitbull, purchased a couple years ago. It's a great lift and I have the Indian adapters which are a must. I believe the issue now with pitbull is they either could not figure out how to maintain a website or did not want to so they are phone only. That usually means you are at the mercy of someone answering the phone which in todays world does not end well. Their number is1-888-299-9325. There is pit-bull.com but believe that is a different company.

Seems like there is a huge opportunity for someone to get into the motorcycle lift business if they can do it right and put customers first.
Many have bought this and can use with most all m/c two arm jacks. Works well.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I bought the J&S, it's a decent jack, nothing extraordinary. Horrible business people. I wouldn't recommend doing business with them.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a J&S Jack . Super solid with Indian adapters. Got it earlier in the year. I was worried about how long it would take to get it. Only took a couple of days. It rolls with almost no effort. I tried an aluminum one from Harbor Freight. The flex I got from it changed my mind on price and quality real quick. It’s a bit of coin but peace of mind is worth it to me.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I have a Pitbull pneumatic actuated jack which got to the point where it didn't work properly any longer. I discovered a local bike shop which I now use exclusively for tire changes. If I were to invest in another jack, I'd go with the ProLift Black Widow

·
Premium Member
202 Posts
Got the Harbor Freight steel jack and modified it with the door stops so the lines don’t get pinched. Lifts and holds the RM just fine.
Font Automotive wheel system Triangle Auto part Musical instrument accessory

Reactions: WillyH

·
Silver member
5,293 Posts
I got mine years ago from a Craigslist seller and made up an adapter for it. $40.00ish + some scrap lumber. Does the job just fine.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts