Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

Motorcycle Insurance

3585 Views 86 Replies 60 Participants Last post by  Lennyz1
:mad:Geico raised my insurance from $433 to $629. Is this happening to others.
61 - 80 of 87 Posts

· Registered
128 Posts
Also some of the rate is calculated per state. So if you live in a state that had a lot of claims, then all of their policies in that state will get an increase. Conversely if you are in a state that had few claims, then the policies in that state go down. I have only seen that scenario happen once for me though. It usually goes up.
I have never seen one go down on its own.

· Registered
128 Posts
:mad:Geico raised my insurance from $433 to $629. Is this happening to others.
I live in Florida, a "no fault" state. I had to drop the un-insured motorist because that alone was twice my policy without it. I think in Florida you only have to carry $10k liability (I carry much more). What kind of accident can be covered with just $10k, especially with bodily injury?

· Registered
2021 Scout Bobber Sixty
439 Posts
To be fair the $1400 I pay after merit discount covers me for fire, theft, vandalism and collision, 2 Million third party and a $500 deductible. Our actual drivers license is $65 a year. You folks that have the low price insurance, how much does your license cost?

· Registered
2022 Super Chief Limited (Red)
449 Posts
I've scanned only some of the many responses and I don't see many noting the value of the bike they are insuring, whether comp/collision is included, what deductible they opted for, what the UM/UIM limit is they chose, what their BI/PD limit is, etc. All this significantly impacts the pricing of course. Just seeing a premium number isn't of much help.

I've gone back to look at my Progressive policies on my Scout and Super Chief. I think it's likely higher than I would like but I maxed out my BI/PD limits and used a lower ded. I think that's contributing in my case.

· Registered
1,154 Posts
Yeah, my gecko with the new bike, went up to 1200 a year for one bike here in Nevada, I’m over 60, zero claims and over 800 credit score, I have USAA for auto, but they must consider bikes to high risk cause they don’t offer it. But yeah, going from my 2015 RM to the 2022, my policy doubled

· Registered
2019 Roadmaster
508 Posts
I've scanned only some of the many responses and I don't see many noting the value of the bike they are insuring, whether comp/collision is included, what deductible they opted for, what the UM/UIM limit is they chose, what their BI/PD limit is, etc. All this significantly impacts the pricing of course. Just seeing a premium number isn't of much help.

I've gone back to look at my Progressive policies on my Scout and Super Chief. I think it's likely higher than I would like but I maxed out my BI/PD limits and used a lower ded. I think that's contributing in my case.
2019 Indian Roadmaster insured with Progressive - $236/year:
  • Comprehensive - $100 deductible
  • Collision - $250 deductible
  • Liability 250k/500k/100k
  • Uninsured motorist 250k/500k
  • Underinsured motorist 250k/500k
  • Roadside assistance
  • $3,000 accessory coverage
  • $500 helmet/riding apparel
  • $10,000 accidental death benefit

· Bronze member
'19 SF - Metallic Jade & Thunder Black
1,594 Posts
  • Roadside assistance
Just for context, Tundra Man is in South Dakota which is an "at-fault" state, which tend to have lower rates than "no-fault" states.

· Registered
1,154 Posts
I was floored getting the same coverage as the gecko for 1/10th the cost with Safeco, not sure if they pay claims as well ( I always hope not to have a claim, and never have ) but saving over a grand a year is huge for me.

· Registered
128 Posts
  • Roadside assistance
maybe last year, in Florida, without the UIM. UIM skyrocketed.this year in Florida (I had to drop it), the other went up significantly.as well.

· Registered
25 Posts
The American insurance industry is one of the most complex awful insurance systems in the world. Firstly you cannot compare companies by price. Why because what is or may not be included can be wildly different. The type and scope of medical cover where you ride whether you own your own house can make a huge difference. We used Progressive and they were excellent and ethical. The scope of top cover clearly explained and comprehensive. Not cheap but in view of the relative risks involved in what we were doing absolutely worth it. Here in Australia I only use the best companies because that's what I am paying for . Real insurance for when the shit hits the fan. You get what you pay for.

· Registered
2016 SPRINGFIELD
17 Posts
My heart bleeds for all of you south of the boarder NOT!!!!
Im payiing $1560.00 for a 2005 VTX 1800 and my new 2 me 2016 springfield i was just quoted $1650.00
I also pay $1400 for my Ford SUV and $1700.00 for the wifes BMW
Talk about expensive $6310.00 for 4 vehicles

· Registered
1,144 Posts
Yes insurance is going up. If try progressive you may get it for a little less.
Lol hell no. Progressive is one of the most expensive. I pay like 64 a month for full coverage on my challenger and my 16 year Olds scout bobber 60, so roughly under 700 per year. Progressive demanded I pay them 2500 upfront... for less coverage. That was just for the Challenger, which I own outright, pinkslip in hand, LIABILITY.

61 - 80 of 87 Posts