Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We live in a world that is full of bugs, all types, not just insets. Germs, viruses, bacteria and the like. It has been my experience that the most serious, gut wrenching, gnawing, nagging, difficult to ignore and hard to shake bug is the bug that cause’s motorcycle fever. Brothers, can I get an amen to that? Once acquired, motorcycle fever can literally drive a man crazy! Cause him to conduct himself in ways he cannot be held responsible for. Not to mention what it does to his bank account. Some try to treat the symptoms with food, drink or other substances that are considered unhealthy. The only reliable treatment known to man is to throw your leg across a saddle and get into the wind. Bear in mind, this is only a temporary remedy. It has to be repeated time and time again. In severe cases, several times a day. This regime of course will require the love and support of wives, girlfriends, significant others, friends with benefits and other family members. It needs to be understood this is a very chronic condition. Victims should acknowledge they will most likely carry this ailment with them to the grave. One may expect to live a relatively normal and long, healthy life provided the common sense measures they apply to their driving habits, remaining cognizant of the dangers around them and the ability to resist the temptation of running to the window every time they hear roaring pipes rolling down the street.

There is hope however with the recent resurrection of the Indian Motorcycle Corporation. In my own case my new Chief Vintage has breathed new life into an otherwise tarnished spirit. More than that I am becoming acutely aware of a brotherhood that grows by leaps and bounds with each passing day, IMRG. Polaris has vowed to bring this bike back to the number 1 spot in the world of motorcycles. I have no doubts they will do this with astounding efficiency. I am just glad to be a part of it. I am sure you are as well!

See you on the road!

Lame Wolf /\_ _/\

·
Super Moderator
4,885 Posts
Welcome!! Let's see some photos of that lovely Vintage.

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Good Words of Wisdom !!!

This explains why I have been 2 wheel crazed ever since I rode my first mini bike when I was 10 years old.

My new Vintage has also triggered new life into my lifelong craze, the Best bike I've ever rode.

·
Registered
132 Posts
absolutely correct. The rm contributed to my financial demise. I feel I will never get another bike ; hmmmm, well if they come out with an inline 4 hmmmm ; this is hopeless.:D

·
Texas Hill Country
4,697 Posts
Well said and welcome to the site.
I know it's hard to believe right now but time in the saddle of your Vintage will deepen your appreciation.
I've been on mine right at a year now and still am amazed by it.

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
We live in a world that is full of bugs, all types, not just insets. Germs, viruses, bacteria and the like. It has been my experience that the most serious, gut wrenching, gnawing, nagging, difficult to ignore and hard to shake bug is the bug that cause’s motorcycle fever. Brothers, can I get an amen to that? Once acquired, motorcycle fever can literally drive a man crazy! Cause him to conduct himself in ways he cannot be held responsible for. Not to mention what it does to his bank account. Some try to treat the symptoms with food, drink or other substances that are considered unhealthy. The only reliable treatment known to man is to throw your leg across a saddle and get into the wind. Bear in mind, this is only a temporary remedy. It has to be repeated time and time again. In severe cases, several times a day. This regime of course will require the love and support of wives, girlfriends, significant others, friends with benefits and other family members. It needs to be understood this is a very chronic condition. Victims should acknowledge they will most likely carry this ailment with them to the grave. One may expect to live a relatively normal and long, healthy life provided the common sense measures they apply to their driving habits, remaining cognizant of the dangers around them and the ability to resist the temptation of running to the window every time they hear roaring pipes rolling down the street.

There is hope however with the recent resurrection of the Indian Motorcycle Corporation. In my own case my new Chief Vintage has breathed new life into an otherwise tarnished spirit. More than that I am becoming acutely aware of a brotherhood that grows by leaps and bounds with each passing day, IMRG. Polaris has vowed to bring this bike back to the number 1 spot in the world of motorcycles. I have no doubts they will do this with astounding efficiency. I am just glad to be a part of it. I am sure you are as well!

See you on the road!

Lame Wolf /\_ _/\
Welcome and well said :)

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Since Polaris has been running the show, i have definitely caught the fever!
Seems fitting in my busy life that Indian has saved mine!
Rather be riding!

·
Super Moderator
5,862 Posts
Go0d thoughts on the reason and wisdom of riding. Need to show to my wife. Welcome to the boards.

·
Registered
2,543 Posts

See you on the road!

Lame Wolf /\_ _/\
If you got wife, girlfriend, significant other or friends with benefits. When the hell would you get time to ride?

·
Registered
1,029 Posts

See you on the road!

Lame Wolf /\_ _/\
Welcome Aboard

·
Founding member / Distinguished
2,048 Posts

See you on the road!

Lame Wolf /\_ _/\
Howdy Amigo,
Couldn't have said it better myself. Welcome, and I look forward to future such observations!
--- Randall

·
Registered
723 Posts
Mr. Stanley, truly words of wisdom and well worth the read. I will surely give you a shout on one of my southern bound journeys to grab some coffee.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts