Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Victory Vision 2016 Victory Vision 2020 Indian Challenger
840 Posts
This is a great idea.
The highway bars on the Indians are useless for protecting the bike from damage. I added metal collars around the bars at the point where they would make ground contact. It only added a half inch or so but it was enough to give me some peace of mind. It was cheap and dirty.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
They make them for Indian as well. I just installed them on my '17 Roadmaster. I wound up having to move my toe rests about 2 or 3 inches up to fit the drop guards. I also had to trim the rubber gasket that goes inside the large front drop guard. I did not lay the bike on its side to check fit...I already had scuffs on my highway bars from previous drops, so I lined the guards up with those.

I had the shaft collars on previously, but I noticed that the last two times that my bike had fallen over (it blew over due to high winds where I live...twice), it hit the ground and kept going over onto the side. I suspect that the shaft collar acted as a pivot point and, combined with the momentum of the bike, helped it to keep on rollin'.

Reactions: Bmart

·
Registered
155 Posts
I have them on the scout. Was waxing it the other day and had the sidestand on a 2x4 to keep it a little higher. As long as the front wheel is turned to the left there is enough slant to keep it up. Was doing the front wheel and pushed it over to the right side(dumb move) and over she went. Hit the cement floor and no damage at all. It stopped about a 45 degree angle so was easy to pick up. The bags and exhaust never touched the floor and there was not even a mark on the bar area that hit the floor. Glad I had them on. Saved brake lever,mirror and scuffed bags.

·
Premium Member
2017 Fairway Green Roadmaster
268 Posts
just installed them on my roadmaster. haven't dropped it yet with them on. Don't really plan on it either

·
Bronze member
2020 Roadmaster Darkhorse
1,240 Posts
So now I have to protect the engine hard that protects the engine. What’s next, something to protect the protector that is protecting the main protector....

Reactions: smackaho

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
So now I have to protect the engine hard that protects the engine. What’s next, something to protect the protector that is protecting the main protector....
With the RM, the rear crash bar does not prevent the saddlebag from contacting the ground if the bike falls over. By adding the drop guards, it gives more clearance between the trailing edge of the bag and the ground.

Reactions: Paddy

·
Premium Member
357 Posts
I just installed them on my RM. Expensive but very high quality and well designed. I particularly like the hard rubber pads that prevent any metal on metal contact with your bars.

·
Premium Member
357 Posts
They make them for Indian as well. I just installed them on my '17 Roadmaster. I wound up having to move my toe rests about 2 or 3 inches up to fit the drop guards. I also had to trim the rubber gasket that goes inside the large front drop guard. I did not lay the bike on its side to check fit...I already had scuffs on my highway bars from previous drops, so I lined the guards up with those.

I had the shaft collars on previously, but I noticed that the last two times that my bike had fallen over (it blew over due to high winds where I live...twice), it hit the ground and kept going over onto the side. I suspect that the shaft collar acted as a pivot point and, combined with the momentum of the bike, helped it to keep on rollin'.
I also had shaft collars on before I installed these. I never would have guessed the shaft collars might make things even worse. Glad I upgraded.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts