Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone let me know what type of products and brand they use to clean their motorcycle? I need to start cleaning it more often than I do and need some help on which is best. Thanks!

·
Founding member / Distinguished
2019 Roadmaster matte black and gray
3,059 Posts
Depending on which paint you have, there are different products.

Gloss paint will benefit from certain products, where the matte paint could be damaged by the same ones, and require matte finish specific products instead.

If you have matte paint, I highly recommend chemical guys matte detailing spray.

·
Rider
2019 Scout and Chieftain Classic both in Willow Green and Cream
647 Posts
Can someone let me know what type of products and brand they use to clean their motorcycle? I need to start cleaning it more often than I do and need some help on which is best. Thanks!
I've been using S100 for years on my bikes and truck wheels does a great job, but follow the directions as if you leave it on two long they say it can damage the finish. It's a PH thing. I do need to buy another bottle but was told they can't order me in the gallon size, so i need to look up on line and order one think last gallon was about $60.00. Don't need to be paying for more spay bottles.
I started using it because of spoked rims were always dirty and greasy and hard to clean. After first clean as long as i kept up on it i never had to use a scrubbing brush again. I also use their spray on Teflon protector. For drying only use "Tea towels or Potato sack towels" best towel for getting it dry unlike the yellow synthetic towels. Getting hard to find, but found them again at target in the kitchen department about $3-4 for three.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I use chemical guys products on my bikes and cars. Been pretty happy with them. My bobber has the matte finish so I just purchased the meticulous matte detail spray and have been happy with it.

·
Rider
943 Posts
Wizard products, Mist & shine works great, also their bug release works well.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Gloss finish
IK Foam Pro 12 with some type of foam cleaner.... I think someone gave me armor all soap designed for foam guns. When it’s gone I will be switching to chemical guys or Adams

·
Registered
394 Posts
I ran out of my Fastwax and tried a couple different things. Some cleaned well, but had to keep wiping to get rid of the streaks. Ended up going back with the Faastwax. Costs a little more so I buy in bulk to save a little. Didn't have a bike for 3 years and the 2 cans I had were still good so storage in the garage isn't a problem.

·
Registered
967 Posts
I've used several things over the last few years. I like to keep her shiny. My latest discovery is Adam's Polishes. I like the results.

·
Rider
1,569 Posts
I use Meguires car wash, never dull for the chrome. I’m kinda stuck on what detailed to use been using bugslide for years. Every couple of months I use a good wax from Girots garage and then use my buffer. But you will find your way and products you like.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
3,424 Posts
On a glossy black bike this stuff is the best. Their spray wax also makes the black paint really stand out. Dean

1 - 14 of 14 Posts