Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well sorry to say my motorcycle got totaled.My right foot is crushed but still attached. Have not seen my bike yet, but called the garage they said the frame is shattered and the trailing arm is shattered so much for the great idea for the frame being cast aluminum.
Don't know what's going to happen with the insurance yet whether or not they are going to pay me enough money to buy another Indian I hope so. Everybody in my family wants me to give up motorcycle riding, just don't know yet have to heal.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Wow, so glad to hear you've survived to ride another day.... take care of yourself and I hope you heal up soon.....

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Well I was on Central Avenue in the middle of four lanes in the turning lane waiting for cars to clear or what I thought was clear proceeded to turn left next thing I hear screeching tires and I am flying through the air to try to get up to kick somebody's but I realized that I couldn't move my foot somebody comes over and tells me not to move and pins me down. Thank God for having tall work boots on or my foot might not still be attached on 24 hours in the hospital I will be back to work for a couple weeks at least going to try to see my motorcycle Monday don't know if I can handle that!!!

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Sorry about your accident, Harry and glad you are still here to tell us about it. I hope you heal quickly and can back to riding again, and I understand why your family is reacting with their hope you will find another hobby. Give it some thought, but remember the great times you had on the bike and play that against the accident. Let us know how things turn out.

·
Founding member
509 Posts
Glad your still on this side of the dirt!! Best of luck with everything.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Glad to hear you are OK, screwed up foot aside. Driven in NY...well in the City anyway. I know the taxis there seem to believe right of way is only something they deserve. I hope the average driver in Troy is not like the City's taxi drivers!!!

Get healthy my friend and get back in the saddle.

Semper Fi,
DrZ

·
Super Moderator
4,887 Posts
SO very glad you're here with us. Wishing you a speedy recovery!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Sorry to read this Harry but glad your spirits seem to be good. Good luck on the healing process. Let us know how you are doing and how you're making out with the ins. company.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Sorry to hear about the crash. I know from experiance the first couple of times throwing a leg back over a motorcycle after a crash is kind of scary, but it can be done. I have done it three times. I hope you heal fast. Please keep us posted and if you need anything let us know.

·
Distinguished Founding Member
5,337 Posts
Very Sorry to Hear This .. I know exactly what you are going through I lost my Victory King Pin back in early March and was 6 weeks Healing .. Was Sick that this Beauty was Totaled after all the work to make it just like I wanted .. Only Good part is that the Insurance did pay off with a fair Price that i have been hanging on to for the right replacement and the New Indian Scout is the one to do it ..

·
Texas Hill Country
4,697 Posts
Hate to hear this Harry.
Puts you in the situation of dealing with cops, doctors and insurance adjusters...what were you thinking about your luck?
I guess it's better than funeral directors.

Well, not to seem opportunistic here, like I'm picking over the bones or anything, since they are going to total it anyway, let's getting to parting that bad boy out. Did the saddlebags make it unscathed?

Ok, just kidding...and calling dibbs.lol

·
Registered
723 Posts
God's speed Harry. I was riding with my friend when he went down at 75mph. A quick hard dose of reality. He is recovering well as I hope you are. Whether you ride again or not I'm glad you will be okay and are alive.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Get well soon and start thing about Spring.

·
Founding Member
431 Posts
Thanks be to our Lord your injuries weren't any more severe. Prayers go out for a quick healing for you, and a good settlement on your Indian so that another can be had in short order.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts