Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Bronze member
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've tried a lot of products over the years so I don't impress easily. For example...F11 gets rave reviews. Expensive and claims to be the end all to be all. I was not impressed. Leaves a shine but doesn't last at all. For the money they charge, that stuff should last a long time. And...it does not go far. Most ends up in the rag.

I was picking up brake cleaner at the local Farm and fleet and came across Mothers CMX Ceramic. Mother's flat out makes good stuff so I gambled and bought a bottle. $15 IIRC. Went over the bike with it and all I have to saw is, "Wow!" Goes on easy and wipes off easy. Leaves a really nice shine. For $15, it is a no brainer. I'll post updates as I use it more. Good value for the buck.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

·
Bronze member
2,165 Posts
Which CMX product did you get? Looked online and there's 3 product versions. A Spray Coating, Surface prep and a Wash and Coat.

·
Rider
978 Posts
I just applied Chemical Guys Ceramic product on my 2016 Chieftain with soft paint, it comes from the bottle a Blue Gel and acts a bit unusual on the applicator, it is very slick, hard, and extremely shiny...will know better in a year how it holds up, but I needed something to put on this soft paint, it is a bit pricey @ $39.88 in Walmart.

HydroSlick.CG.jpg

·
Registered
155 Posts
I've tried a lot of products over the years so I don't impress easily. For example...F11 gets rave reviews. Expensive and claims to be the end all to be all. I was not impressed. Leaves a shine but doesn't last at all. For the money they charge, that stuff should last a long time. And...it does not go far. Most ends up in the rag.

I was picking up brake cleaner at the local Farm and fleet and came across Mothers CMX Ceramic. Mother's flat out makes good stuff so I gambled and bought a bottle. $15 IIRC. Went over the bike with it and all I have to saw is, "Wow!" Goes on easy and wipes off easy. Leaves a really nice shine. For $15, it is a no brainer. I'll post updates as I use it more. Good value for the buck.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
Let me know how it holds up....I may need to give it a try next spring.....your bike is going to be cleaner than mine. Hahaha

1 - 5 of 5 Posts