Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone use this on a bobber with an Indian 1920 seat?

Did you relocate your turns/brake to your shocks or go with aftermarket?

Photos if you have them. Thanks!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Does that really matter? He still showed how his signals are mounted. It would be the same with the Indian 1920 seat
My main question in my first post (and the subject of this post) was asking about the Mother Roads fender eliminator close off. Yes, the seat matters as it is a completely different config on the 1920 seat base than the seat he has.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My main question in my first post (and the subject of this post) was asking about the Mother Roads fender eliminator close off. Yes, the seat matters as it is a completely different config on the 1920 seat base than the seat he has.
Which he has and showed you the mounting solution for lights.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Which he has and showed you the mounting solution for lights.
I guess you are missing the point that my original post has two different questions in it.

1. Did you use the eliminator plate with the 1920 seat. (The main subject of my post, hence the title).

2. If so, did you stick with your stock lights on the shock mount or use a third party solution.

While I appreciate his response, it was not the main point of my post. He has what looks like a mother roads seat, not a 1920.

That's why I responded hoping someone else has the answer I'm looking for. Which has anyone used the Mother Roads fender eliminator plate with a 1920.

The second part about the lights is because the mother roads seat has springs while the 1920 has no springs which offers the possibility to mount the lights under the seat.

Understand now?

·
Registered
35 Posts

Well you could buy the Tank machine Close off from me if you wanted to rock the 1920 solo seat. I originally planned to use it as my close off but saw mother roads offered a close off when i bought their seat. Does that help?

·
Registered
35 Posts
I guess you are missing the point that my original post has two different questions in it.

1. Did you use the eliminator plate with the 1920 seat. (The main subject of my post, hence the title).

2. If so, did you stick with your stock lights on the shock mount or use a third party solution.

While I appreciate his response, it was not the main point of my post. He has what looks like a mother roads seat, not a 1920.

That's why I responded hoping someone else has the answer I'm looking for. Which has anyone used the Mother Roads fender eliminator plate with a 1920.

The second part about the lights is because the mother roads seat has springs while the 1920 has no springs which offers the possibility to mount the lights under the seat.

Understand now?
I understand now, I do not believe the mother roads fender eliminator will work with the standard 1920 seat. You would need to use something like the tank machien close off if i am correct. As far as mounting the turn signals go, you can use a motone mount to mount them to the upper part of the shocks to achieve that underneath mounted look.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts