Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

Most embarrasing moment

1375 22
We towed the RM to Arkansas in August for a couple weeks of riding and general weirdness, (anyone whos ever been to Eureka springs will know what I'm saying,) and had the most embarrassment I've ever had. I got a warning on the ride command that it had been a year since I'd changed the oil. I ONLY HAD 3000 MILES! The horror! Its almost like I owned a Harley.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Administrator
24,910 Posts
Two moments:

1- before Julie got her Victory we were two-up. We had finished a horrific twelve-hour day on the bike with rain, sick wind, and we put down some 600mi in just nasty, brutal conditions. It was a full day and we were finishing in pitch black. We finally pulled up in front of a Hungry Bear restaurant in Washington (after riding from BC) and the lights beckoned us in. It was full-on rain and wind. Of course, I had to park facing uphill, which meant backing into a parking spot downhill. As I turned the wheel to start backing — you guessed it. Down we go. Slow motion. The entire restaurant looking. All of those people saying, “See? Those crazy MF’s riding in this shit… no brains.” Or variations thereof…

2- same thing only in a Walmart lot in Utah at the end of only 550mi. And it was daylight. And no rain. And Julie had her own bike. The excuse I had used for the previous year had vanished. I knew I had married the right woman when Julie jumped off her bike (after parking it perfectly) and said, “I bet you went to the lock on that one.” And she was right. i felt right at home with the Walmart crowd… probly on one of those highlight reels somewhere.

· Administrator
24,910 Posts
Please give me a call, have Julie set it up with a simple button push on your phone, if you get lost and can't find your way home, Hink. We're here to help you, Man. :)

PS: Man, this IPA's are going down Smoothly. :)
That’s why I love this forum! No judgement, just hugs and support. 😎
Facial expression Human Military person Mammal Cap

· Founding member
1,165 Posts
"That’s why I love this forum! No judgement, just hugs and support. 😎 "

LOL We just got back from a great trip to Louisville and Lexington Kentucky to see the Judd's final concert. Man, distilleries are everywhere! :) I think I gained an appreciation for bourbon. :) I thought of you, Hink. :)

· Registered
2014 Indian Chief Classic
341 Posts
All my really embarrassing moments was when I had my first HD. I was coming back to a friends house and another friend wanted a ride over there with me. We pulled up and with straight pipes and being as almost no-one had seen my new ride, EVERYBODY was outside to see us pull up and no feet down...I looked like Arty Johnston on Laugh-In with the tricycle. Down we went.

Another time I was pulling up to a stop sign and was doing a quick stop, no feet down, and was pulling out when a truck came around the bend in the road and down I went again. The truck driver stopped to help me pick the bike up, it was my Dad.

· Registered
2019 Chieftain Dark Horse. 116BBK Stage 3. Cams. Air Ride. Tuner. Tuned file from CraigB1960
103 Posts
2 for me:

1) riding down the highway on my Vegas and met up with someone on a chieftain. IT was one of those "I know you, but I don't know you". IE I was sure it was one of my fathers riding friends (he lives in a different state) and it was! She knew it was me because the vegas was my fathers. I pulled over at a rest area and the lady pulled beside me. I jumped off and did not put the kick stand down. Thank god pops put highway bars on!

2) Went down to ride around the Quabbin in Mass on the chieftain - solo ride (end of a covid vaca). Last time I was there was in high school, rolling down hills tripping on acid lol. Following the gps (there are a couple different gates to get in). Wrong turn up a steep hill. Pulled over and was backing down the hill, turning to then pull forward and back down the hill. Hit the curb and laid her down (gently). So all 5'3" of my trying to lift the bike up - up hill of course - cars driving by etc ... eventually I just he-manned it back up and went on my way. Was embarrassed but also happy I could get the bike up in probably the worst position it could be in. Super short power for the win.

· Registered
187 Posts
Middle of nowhere on a multi-day ride. Stopped at a viewpoint, didn’t have the kickstand all the way down. Had to wait awhile for a car and he helped get the bike up.

Making a u-turn to my garage after a four day trip. Didn’t have enough room, so backed it up, but unfortunately had it to lock resulting in the VERY slow motion drop. Local trucker was just coming down the street so he made the assist. Would have been really embarrassing if my wife, who came home about 15 minutes later had seen it.

· Registered
1,092 Posts
Middle of nowhere on a multi-day ride. Stopped at a viewpoint, didn’t have the kickstand all the way down. Had to wait awhile for a car and he helped get the bike up.

Making a u-turn to my garage after a four day trip. Didn’t have enough room, so backed it up, but unfortunately had it to lock resulting in the VERY slow motion drop. Local trucker was just coming down the street so he made the assist. Would have been really embarrassing if my wife, who came home about 15 minutes later had seen it.
If she didn't see it then it never happened....

· Premium Member
2022 Chief Darkhorse
712 Posts
My first bike was an 01 Yamaha R6 which I’d bought new. Young and dumb, I’d never taken an MSF course because I was 10’ tall, bulletproof, and knew everything.
My buddy had a few people at his house & I decided to ride the bike over to visit. When I got close to his house, I decided to be a cool guy and rip up into his driveway at a good clip to get some oohs and ahhs from the people watching through the window. I didn’t know the concept of countersteering or have the sense to slow down for the turn. When I tried to turn, the bike bucked me off and slid half a block on its side. In true squid fashion, I had no gear on except for a helmet when it happened. Rashed up, I collected my bike (which had around $1k in damage), and did the walk of shame wheeling it back to the house. Ego bruised, body rashed, bike broken, I was welcomed to a warm round of applause and ribbing from my buddies when I finally arrived 😣

· Bronze member
4,071 Posts
My hero,or should I say "ZERO!!! But don't feel bad cause a lot of guys have done that exact same thing,but generally to impress some one,usually a female someone.The good news is: I wasn't one of em!! Why?? Cause I learned from their mistakes,or should I say,"stupidity"!! :oops::rolleyes: (y) (y) (y) (y)

· Rider
1,487 Posts
I had my first bike, the BSA in 1972. No MSF in those days. Pulled in the gravel parking lot of a local bike shop (looking for a part), turned the handlebars and went straight down. In front of several riders standing around . They thought it was quite funny. To this day I dislike making turns on gravel.

Reactions: Arky and acwjr11
1 - 20 of 23 Posts