Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Silver member
3,452 Posts
That's an interesting read
Personally I'm more interested in the possible street fighter and adventure bike than the Raptor.
The article mentions they expect the 3 new bikes might be unveiled at this year’s EICMA motor show; pretty exciting if that ends up being the case.
Appears Indian is listening to their customers.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Reviews online said has some vibration in the upper rpms. Put his hand to sleep. Don’t sound good.
Also said 4,000 rpm @ 68 mph in top gear.
Hope they didn’t screw it up.

·
Senior Member / gold
6,677 Posts
Reviews online said has some vibration in the upper rpms. Put his hand to sleep. Don’t sound good.
Also said 4,000 rpm @ 68 mph in top gear.
Hope they didn’t screw it up.
Maybe reviewer needs carpal tunnel surgery? I ride singles cross country, 500 mile days, after my surgery and have no issues whatsoever. Before surgery silky smooth Beemers caused me pain and numbness.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Okay, what is up with the air cleaner just behind the left-hand floorboard?

·
Bronze member
1,266 Posts
Sorry, but the following comment within that article...

"The FTR 1200 is the first bike in the Indian lineup to be powered by a liquid-cooled motor."

...is kind'a makin' me question the credibility of the writer of the article.

'Cause as far as I know, Scouts aren't exactly air-cooled.

'Cause if they WERE, they'd have wonderful looking cooling fins on those cylinder barrels of theirs.

(...YOU know, "cooling fins", and which add a whole lot of visual interest to ANY motorcycle engine that's sitting out in plain sight!)

·
Bronze member
1,158 Posts
ZigWheels are just piggybacking on what has already leaked to generate page views (and thus ad revenue). The "leaked document" is the same slide photo that has been circulating here on the forum for weeks and their claims that it'll be revealed at EICMA are entirely speculative (though it's probably a safe bet). Lazy journalism.

Not that there's anything wrong with fuelling the discussion here on the forum. Indian appear to be evolving faster than any of us thought they were a year ago.

·
Rider
357 Posts
They're evolving fast because they only changed Victory's name to Indian . Their technology already exists ,it just has a new name now . The drag bikes ,pikes peak bike and all the testing done at the Isle of man . Companies don't forget those kind of investments ,they keep em in the back pocket till they become relevant .

·
Founding member / Distinguished
3,691 Posts
Lots of truth in that. Still hoping that there will someday be an inline four lengthwise in the frame like the old ones but with modern technology and liquid cooling.

·
Bronze member
1,158 Posts
They're evolving fast because they only changed Victory's name to Indian . Their technology already exists ,it just has a new name now . The drag bikes ,pikes peak bike and all the testing done at the Isle of man . Companies don't forget those kind of investments ,they keep em in the back pocket till they become relevant .
True for the most part though I'm not sure Polaris would have taken such a bold (and ultimately wildly successful) swing at flat track racing had they never secured the Indian brand. No game changing FTR750, no serious presence in Super Hooligan racing, beyond the bikes these are my favorite things about Indian today. I'm positive they would have maintained a presence in the racing world with Victory but it would likely have been a much smaller footprint with much less invested. The Indian name gave Polaris a colossal reputation to live up to.

·
Senior Member / gold
6,677 Posts
Inline longitudinal four, closest compareable in that configuration is the Triumph Rocket 3. That would be a hard act to follow both in tech and performance, let alone price point.

·
Registered
147 Posts
This may be the battery. If you remember the Victory battery was up front under the oil cooler.
No, what I was talking about is the thing sitting behind the left floorboard, behind the rider's foot. Looks like an air cleaner to me. Also, there does not appear to be an air cleaner in the usual place, near the rider's left knee.

2020-upcoming-indian-motorcycle-3_720x540-2.jpg

·
Bronze Member
1,369 Posts
No, what I was talking about is the thing sitting behind the left floorboard, behind the rider's foot. Looks like an air cleaner to me. Also, there does not appear to be an air cleaner in the usual place, near the rider's left knee.

View attachment 488302
I may be wrong, but I assume that it is the clutch cover.

·
Founding Member
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)

View attachment 488302
That would be the primary\clutch cover(similar to the Victory).

1 - 20 of 21 Posts