Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What can be done to the motor .got s&s air filter and the slip on. Any body done cams or any thing to get a little more get up and go

·
Registered
262 Posts
What can be done to the motor .got s&s air filter and the slip on. Any body done cams or any thing to get a little more get up and go
I am in the camp of getting a PCVX and flashing the firmware with their tune. I have heard people getting excellent results from doing that. It's about $350.

IF that doesn't trip your trigger after you ride for a while, it can be used for other engine mods (cams, etc) you may do down the road.

Others may have better ideas but that's where I'd start.

·
Bronze member
2,733 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Zero to 60 in 3.8 seconds on a stock Scout is pretty darned zippy if you ask me.

I did the OEM Stage 1 and Trask Per filter last year. That's enough for me now until I do the PCVX (I think it's now called the PV3. They upgraded the device).

I am quite pleased with the performance as it is right now.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Revolution Performance offers a big bore kit for the Scout. Aside from intake/exhaust/tuning I think that's about it.
With the OEM stage 1 kit she can go fast enough that I struggle to hang on, so I don't need more :)

·
Registered
262 Posts
Revolution Performance offers a big bore kit for the Scout. Aside from intake/exhaust/tuning I think that's about it.
With the OEM stage 1 kit she can go fast enough that I struggle to hang on, so I don't need more :)
I agree. Plus I big grin I have on my face from cracking the throttle makes me look kind of silly.

How about you?

·
Registered
409 Posts
far as i know right now there are no cams to be had. but if you havnt done a tune with that S&S filter you need to asap. the factory Indian stage one tune will not cut it. i highly suggest getting the dynojet PV3 from fuelmoto.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts