Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 Scout and looking to put a more comfortable seat on it. Any help in what will fit that bike??

·
Bronze member
2,754 Posts
I have a 2002 Scout and looking to put a more comfortable seat on it. Any help in what will fit that bike??
That my friend is a million dollar question and you will find that everyone has a different idea what they deem as more comfortable and what brand to use. I would recommend if you can find anyone near you with a seat that they say is a great seat ,See if they will allow you to look and sit on it to see what your general feeling are. The hardest thing is knowing what the seat does after longer period of riding for you. Good luck in your search,I hope you find something that works for you.

·
Registered
53 Posts
That my friend is a million dollar question and you will find that everyone has a different idea what they deem as more comfortable and what brand to use. I would recommend if you can find anyone near you with a seat that they say is a great seat ,See if they will allow you to look and sit on it to see what your general feeling are. The hardest thing is knowing what the seat does after longer period of riding for you. Good luck in your search,I hope you find something that works for you.
Well put. You can spend a lot of time and money on different saddles and not be much further ahead. The bottom line is that there is not much contact area between you and the seat of a motorcycle and not too much that can be done about it. There are advantages to having your own padding...……..

·
Bronze member
2,754 Posts
Well put. You can spend a lot of time and money on different saddles and not be much further ahead. The bottom line is that there is not much contact area between you and the seat of a motorcycle and not too much that can be done about it. There are advantages to having your own padding...……..
The other thing you can do also is take the bike to a upholstery shop ,show them what you would like and explain your needs they can modify the seat to work for you using lots of different types of padding ,such as memory foam etc. then shape it to suit your body and sitting position .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts