Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can I modify my stock exhaust, on my 2020 Scout Bobber Sixty (ABS), to make it louder or do I have to buy and install an aftermarket exhaust?

If I can modify it does anyone have any tips, videos, etc...?

·
Founding member / Distinguished
4,153 Posts
Or TAB longs and you get to choose the baffle diameter. Either 2.5 inch or 1.75 inch. I ordered mine with the 1.75 diameter and they're loud enough for me. You can get them in black for your Bobber.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Is that what you did...?!
I am planning to do, I love the look of stock mufflers than any other aftermarket, the only close ones I like in terms of looks is Vans & Hines 3 inch slash cuts (too loud for my taste), Bassani 3 inch (best tone)/ Reinhart (bit harsher than Bassani)- but I would always go with stock then aftermarket. But drilling 2.5 inches / 3-inch holes in existing baffles results in an almost similar tone as Bassani/ Reinhart

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am planning to do, I love the look of stock mufflers than any other aftermarket, the only close ones I like in terms of looks is Vans & Hines 3 inch slash cuts (too loud for my taste), Bassani 3 inch (best tone)/ Reinhart (bit harsher than Bassani)- but I would always go with stock then aftermarket. But drilling 2.5 inches / 3-inch holes in existing baffles results in an almost similar tone as Bassani/ Reinhart
You should send me a video once you do so I can hear it!!

·
Rider
649 Posts
I would get at least slip on. But I did modify my wife’s Bobber exhaust. We sent her full exhaust out to get Creamic coated so mean while we chopped her stock exhaust down to look smaller in length and also took out the baffles. She now has her full exhaust back on but the chopped stock with baffles removed wasn’t to loud at all.

·
Registered
17 Posts
There's also the Indian 2 into 1 exhaust. It is a little pricy, but it's Indian. The owner at Elkhart Indian Motorcycle was actually the one who pushed for it. You also don't need to tune the bike to run it, but you will need the performance air, and the dealership flashes it for you. I'm hopefully going to take the baffle off of mine this week, and I'll post another video.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts