Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve gutted cat and cut out both the plugs. When I shake the pipe I hear small cat shavings inside the honeycomb holes. If I put these on will they blow out? Will some shavings get sucked into engine?
Thanks

·
Bronze member
3,102 Posts
I’ve gutted cat and cut out both the plugs. When I shake the pipe I hear small cat shavings inside the honeycomb holes. If I put these on will they blow out? Will some shavings get sucked into engine?
Thanks
Full throttle out the driveway should take care of any shavings:p:p:D

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That at least sounds fun for me... not my neighbors I’ve heard some good videos of open pipe stock exhaust

·
Registered
563 Posts
I worried about the same exact thing after I removed the plugs and CAT. 5k miles later my bike is still running as good as new, especially with the FM tune.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Good to hear! Was your bike back firing a bit before the FM tune?
Not once has it backfired after I gutted the CAT and removed the baffles. This is before and after the FM tune...now, I do notice the idle is sometimes a little erratic but it's never stalled on me. I don't know if that has to do with the tune/exhaust mod or this is common with the S60's. I've read a few other people having this problem with bone stock Scout 60's and non-modified exhausts, so I'm thinking it's just the nature of the motor.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not once has it backfired after I gutted the CAT and removed the baffles. This is before and after the FM tune...now, I do notice the idle is sometimes a little erratic but it's never stalled on me. I don't know if that has to do with the tune/exhaust mod or this is common with the S60's. I've read a few other people having this problem with bone stock Scout 60's and non-modified exhausts, so I'm thinking it's just the nature of the motor.
It seems to sound really good though, at least through the videos.
Thanks

·
Registered
563 Posts
It seems to sound really good though, at least through the videos.
Thanks
It sounds surprisingly good given that it’s still technically the stock exhaust. I seriously considered slip on’s but IMO the stock pipes look a lot better. After the FM tune and CAT/baffle removal, I really have no need. It’s not obnoxiously loud (it sounds awesome when you give it throttle) but also no longer sounds like a sewing machine.

·
Bronze member
1,893 Posts
rshea,,

If you ever want to go back to "stock", I've got two sets of muffler that are unmolested that I'll sell cheap.

Good luck

·
Bronze member
1,243 Posts
I may be wrong but it seems that if your bike is running the way it should and you have no valve damage, you will be fine. Very little chance of a cylinder sucking debris out of the exhaust.

Reactions: MOMZ

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
rshea,,

If you ever want to go back to "stock", I've got two sets of muffler that are unmolested that I'll sell cheap.

Good luck
I’m actually running stage one indian slip ons now, and have thought about no cat and plug on those too. I want a bit more sound. I’ll have to experiment with both sets maybe. But my stock is ready to give it a go... just for kicks!
Thanks for the help

1 - 13 of 13 Posts