Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone put a Mo-door garage door opener on a 2018 or newer Chieftain fairing? I am looking for places to drill the hole for the button and how you mounted it inside the fairing. I have found several posts on the forum on pre 2018 bikes but they have a blank spot on their fairings.

I do not want to put the factory switch in the fairing because it is hard to reach for me.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I bought a keychain remote for my garage door and used some velcro and stuck it to the underside of the center console about my instrument panel. I can access it very easily and it is concealed very nicely. 30 bucks and I am very happy with this installation.

Attachments

·
Founding Member
1,973 Posts
I have the mo-door, love it. My unit is in the right side inner fairing compartment, and I just put a small notch in the door for the switch wire. The switch is sticky backed about 1/2” from the edge of the door.

·
Registered
2016 Indian Chieftain
47 Posts
I bought one of these for a brand new Genie intellicode opener a while back and never could get it to work . Support for the product is non-existent. I called and left more than a dozen messages and never got a call back. I also used the email support to no avail. The website claims they cannot return calls in a timely fashion because of Covid. I have a hard time believing that they sell so many of these that they are unable to return a phone call.

·
Silver member
5,336 Posts
You guys are spoiled rotten!

I have to stop in front of my driveway, open my vest or jacket pocket, and pull out my garage door opener and wait while the door lifts up. Then I ride it in.

Oh the life of a non fairing bike, ;).

·
Rider
1,561 Posts
You guys are spoiled rotten!

I have to stop in front of my driveway, open my vest or jacket pocket, and pull out my garage door opener and wait while the door lifts up. Then I ride it in.

Oh the life of a non fairing bike, ;).
Does the right side switch in the back of the switch pack operate anything on your Springfield? On my chief i wired mine into that switch at the ecu, worked great, but that wire didn’t do anything on the chiefs like it did for the chieftains and roadmasters. (Think it controlled something in the ride command display) Not sure on the Springfields if it does anything. Can’t say I remember which wires it was though. But there’s a video on YouTube showing which wires it was.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I got a Mo Door and LOVE IT! Mounted it velcrod to the battery, with the button on the right panel on my 2022 Super Chief. Just bellow the seat on the right side. Works great! Range is much better than I expected too.

Only issue is that the transmitter is NOT waterproof! Washed the bike and must have gotten it wet, door started to open/close at random till it dried! Now the wash procedure includes a little zip lock bag to put it in before starting :)

·
Premium Member
358 Posts
snip...

Only issue is that the transmitter is NOT waterproof! Washed the bike and must have gotten it wet, door started to open/close at random till it dried! Now the wash procedure includes a little zip lock bag to put it in before starting :)
That is 100% correct. I didn't realize that until I rode through a crazy storm and the unit didn't work when I got home. The next day I went to see why it wouldn't work and water was still in the case. I ended up buying a new unit from MoDoor and once programmed, used caulk to seal up the edges and the hole with the light and programming button. It's waterproof now.

I took apart my opener for the community gate and soldered it in place of the ruined MoDoor circuit board so it wasn't a big deal. 1 opener for the community gate and the 2nd for my garage door.

·
Premium Member
2016 Indian Roadmaster 120 Stroker
809 Posts
Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive design
Mounted mine inside the left side fairing, switch on the left dash below cigarette lighter plug in

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.