Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2018 Indian Chieftain (Tanto) Steel Gray
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for anybody that has had bought a bike or had service done by Mission Indian in Boerne Texas.

·
Premium Member
192 Posts
I have...bought my bike and they do the service. What do you want to know?

·
Premium Member
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I live in Houston and they are the closest Indian only dealer. I will be needing to have my 10000 service done and I was curious about the quality of their work.

·
Premium Member
192 Posts
I live in Houston and they are the closest Indian only dealer. I will be needing to have my 10000 service done and I was curious about the quality of their work.
Generally, I've been pleased. I think their mechanics are good - certified and experience. I've had my break in and 5,000 mile service done with them. My 10k is coming up soon. I've also had them install aftermarket parts (exhaust, hi-flow filter, etc) with no issues. The only problem I've had is that when they put on a new site of mid-rise bars, they tore the rubber on the left grip (apparently they are hard to get off). They didn't have one in stock to replace it, but committed to doing it the next time I'm in.

They are pretty busy, so be sure to make an appointment.

Do you not like the dealers in the Houston area? I assume they carry multi-brands. We have one of those opening here in New Braunfels. They are a Kawasaki and Polaris dealer.

·
Premium Member
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Really haven't had much interaction with them. I had my bike flashed by Woodlands. I have rented a couple of bikes from Mission Indian and liked everyone that I dealt with. Plus I figured you cannot go wrong with a mechanic that only works on Indians.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Generally, I've been pleased. I think their mechanics are good - certified and experience. I've had my break in and 5,000 mile service done with them. My 10k is coming up soon. I've also had them install aftermarket parts (exhaust, hi-flow filter, etc) with no issues. The only problem I've had is that when they put on a new site of mid-rise bars, they tore the rubber on the left grip (apparently they are hard to get off). They didn't have one in stock to replace it, but committed to doing it the next time I'm in.

They are pretty busy, so be sure to make an appointment.

Do you not like the dealers in the Houston area? I assume they carry multi-brands. We have one of those opening here in New Braunfels. They are a Kawasaki and Polaris dealer.
An Indian dealer is opening in New Braunfels?? I'm in Austin. Closest to me is Bell County Motoworks.

·
Premium Member
192 Posts
An Indian dealer is opening in New Braunfels?? I'm in Austin. Closest to me is Bell County Motoworks.
Yes. Woods Cycle Country. Right.on I-35. They do ATVs, jet skis, and motorcycles.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
337 Posts
Yes. Woods Cycle Country. Right.on I-35. They do ATVs, jet skis, and motorcycles.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
I saw that; they're selling 2020 models. Had no idea. I hope they service Indians as well. Figured I/P forgot about the area after Dream Machines stopped selling them.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Definitely make an appointment with them. It can be a two week wait in the spring/summer to get work done there.

That's great to hear about Woods Cycle Country.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts