Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Be careful not to buy one that is overly long. It protrudes the inner surface of the fender and can contact the rear tire when the rear suspension compresses on bumps.

·
Rider
546 Posts
They didn't mention that if it protrudes thru your fender too much and you hit a good bump you will need a new rear fender! Only that it may contact the tire.

·
Registered
861 Posts
You can also go to a autozone or similar auto parts store and pick up a plastic pan head body panel fastener. Just pop it in and done.

·
Bronze member
3,072 Posts
I lost mine as well,stopped into an indian dealership,asked for one while i was there.
He charged me 10 bucks for it.i paid him for it only because he walked in back to get it.

·
Registered
8,004 Posts

·
Registered
5,919 Posts

·
Bronze member
1,839 Posts
Mine is stripped. And I don’t want to use Loctite because I take my pavilion seat off which is separate on my ultimate seat. Due to the fact that I ride solo 90% of the time. So I need to re-threaded at some point. I wish there is enough room underneath the fender to get A nut on it but I’m assuming that would rub the tire

·
Registered
8,004 Posts
Good point, except no problem if you are also carrying the right tools. Perhaps this is why some folks have lost that fastener.
Something that I am not near as good about as I should be. I carry a aluminum set of allen keys and an adjustable wrench which might not be enough.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts