Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was scheduled to service my scout bobber twenty. I took a trip and within a week I put 1000 miles on. My odometer reads 1578. Did I just ruin my Bike?

·
Bronze member
2,223 Posts
I don't think so (do you have any increased/coloured exhaust gas?)

Just get that oil change soon. Residue of break in lubricants and some "metal shavings" might lead to larger than intended "tolerances" on the longer run.

Sent from my SM-N976Q using Tapatalk

·
Registered
152 Posts
Yes. It's ruined. However, since I'm a nice guy I'll buy it from you for 20 or 30 dollars to help you alleviate the cost of a new bike.:ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Just get that oil change soon. Residue of break in lubricants and some "metal shavings" might lead to larger than intended "tolerances" on the longer run.

Thanks for the reply. I just changed the oil myself. It seems to be running even better than befor. Ill still take it in for its scheduled service. Man I love this bike

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

And no there was no noticeable fumes or smoke from the exuast

·
Bronze member
2,985 Posts
Yes. It's ruined. However, since I'm a nice guy I'll buy it from you for 20 or 30 dollars to help you alleviate the cost of a new bike.:ROFLMAO:
Hey,hey!! Whadaya think you're doing?? I was gonna offer the guy 20-30 bucks for it to help alleviate the cost of a new bike,but now you went and screwed it up for me so now I have to offer him a couple bucks MORE! :confused::rolleyes:lol lol lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts