Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

861 - 880 of 886 Posts

·
Bronze member
1,706 Posts
I found out about @Holeshot Mike earlier this week and spoke with him at length. What a great and knowledgeable fellow and it's so cool we both have been in the m/c bizzness about the same amount of time. I was gonna sinc the t/bodies myself but he has an "icing on the cake" with the ECU that I can't do. So I will be riding up to Holeshot Tuesday mornin as I have an appointment for 10am.

The cylinder dropping is getting worse and I suspect due to how ruff and struggling this engine sounds at idle the sinc will be purty far off. He is a pretty cool dude and very helpful, nice to know there are quality peeps in this bizzness, unlike the monkeys where I bought my skoot. am SO looking forward to the ride (4.5 hours) and meeting him and experiencing a professional's hands and brains rectifying what has plagued too many of these skoots.

I will let u'all know the results.

RACNRAY

·
Registered
736 Posts
Racnray bought a 2020 last week and he is having issues. As a matter of fact he is going to see Holeshot Tuesday to see if he can fix the problem. I was hoping the 2021s had that issue resolved. The throttle bodies were changed before he bought the Challenger.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just one question, Are all this bikes having problems 2020 models? Anyone with a 2021 bike having the same issues? I hope not.
I picked one up a couple of weeks ago. I don't know that it's the same issue as what this thread is about, but it has been a change for sure (that I'm still trying to get use to) from my 14' Street Bob. I'm still messing around with it turning the rear cylinder off vs leaving it on, standard mode vs sport etc. but even off it feels like a delay between throttle and clutch. Kind of hard to put it in words, but it feels like I need to roll on the throttle for a brief second and get the rpm's stable before letting the clutch engage. If I try doing it together, feels like I will stall or be doing a hole shot. I've not had a bike this heavy before, so might just be simply getting use to it, but my street bob is pretty much in parity with throttle/clutch engagement. I've only got 250 miles so far, so it could also be the break in, or me just getting use to a bike that weighs more perhaps. Not sure. I wouldn't think the bike being heavier would really matter for throttle response though.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I found out about @Holeshot Mike earlier this week and spoke with him at length. What a great and knowledgeable fellow and it's so cool we both have been in the m/c bizzness about the same amount of time. I was gonna sinc the t/bodies myself but he has an "icing on the cake" with the ECU that I can't do. So I will be riding up to Holeshot Tuesday mornin as I have an appointment for 10am.

The cylinder dropping is getting worse and I suspect due to how ruff and struggling this engine sounds at idle the sinc will be purty far off. He is a pretty cool dude and very helpful, nice to know there are quality peeps in this bizzness, unlike the monkeys where I bought my skoot. am SO looking forward to the ride (4.5 hours) and meeting him and experiencing a professional's hands and brains rectifying what has plagued too many of these skoots.

RACNRAY
I must agree. I came down for bike week and stopped in Hole Shot and had the opportunity to talk to Mike for a while. Awesome dude and willing to help anyone. Talked to him at length about the difference of throttle body sync and throttle reset (what most of the dealer techs are doing). I learned a lot in that 40 minute pow wow. 👍

·
Registered
113 Posts

RACNRAY
Damn good talking with you Ray ... I'll do my best to meet the expectations .. lol

·
Registered
113 Posts
I must agree. I came down for bike week and stopped in Hole Shot and had the opportunity to talk to Mike for a while. Awesome dude and willing to help anyone. Talked to him at length about the difference of throttle body sync and throttle reset (what most of the dealer techs are doing). I learned a lot in that 40 minute pow wow. 👍
Was my pleasure .....

·
Bronze member
1,706 Posts
I made the 4 and 1/2 hour one way trip, 653 miles round trip today to Hole shot Powersports to have Mike go over my scoot. He says my bike wins the award for the throttle bodies being out of sync the most and that matches my seat of the pants riding impression of the bike.

I also had purchased and had him install the STG 1 intake with it's flash. I rode up this morning using STD mode for the first time and rode back in std mode also. What a beast it is now! And this was a day of some hard riding rpm and speed wise and pulling it into my shop the engine is actually mechanically quieter than when I left Holeshot.

BIG THANX to @Holeshot Mike for his genuine concern for these skoots and making them what they should be. His attention to detail and understanding of these Challengers is unmatched, and very much appreciated!

RACNRAY

Attachments

·
Registered
113 Posts
I made the 4 and 1/2 hour one way trip, 653 miles round trip today to Hole shot Powersports to have Mike go over my scoot. He says my bike wins the award for the throttle bodies being out of sync the most and that matches my seat of the pants riding impression of the bike.

I also had purchased and had him install the STG 1 intake with it's flash. I rode up this morning using STD mode for the first time and rode back in std mode also. What a beast it is now! And this was a day of some hard riding rpm and speed wise and pulling it into my shop the engine is actually mechanically quieter than when I left Holeshot.

BIG THANX to @Holeshot Mike for his genuine concern for these skoots and making them what they should be. His attention to detail and understanding of these Challengers is unmatched, and very much appreciated!

RACNRAY
That's Great Ray n Thank You for the review ! ...... Really glad your now able to really enjoy what the Challenger has to offer ..... I did some research with Techline about your bike .. Pm me and I'll give you the details .... You should be good to go now Brother but if you need anything or have any questions just hit me up n I'll do my best to get you the info that you need. As always I'm here for any Indian rider or tech .....

·
Registered
2020 Indian Challenger
1,255 Posts
Thanks for all you do Mike! Do you know if Polaris is aware of this lack of others checking things? Seems like it could be a big black eye for them.

·
Bronze member
1,706 Posts
That's Great Ray n Thank You for the review ! ...... Really glad your now able to really enjoy what the Challenger has to offer ..... I did some research with Techline about your bike .. Pm me and I'll give you the details .... You should be good to go now Brother but if you need anything or have any questions just hit me up n I'll do my best to get you the info that you need. As always I'm here for any Indian rider or tech .....
PM SENT MIKE.

·
Rider
510 Posts
I really have a hard time with how little info there is out there on this. I talked to my service dept about this, and they know nothing at all about it. I informed them about it, and gave them some info, and someone to contact, and I still don't think they have contacted them. They seem to just be dragging their feet. I made an appointment to bring it in before I go on vacation to have the surge and stall issue looked at, so we will see what happens. Y'all who live close enough to Holeshot to have Mike as a tech are lucky!

Reactions: 30PlusRetlaw

·
Rider
528 Posts
Holeshot Mike,
I’m installing my intake once it gets in and figured I might check my throttle bodies while I’m down there. Is it pretty cut and dry with these bikes? Just get a vac gauge, account for gauge deviation and adjust the set screws until even?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a 2020 dark horse and have had zero problems. Most of the people I have meet with either a 2020 or 2021 have had zero problems. I get the impression that there are only a few bikes that are experiencing problems. I have not experienced any ride command issues either. Smooth as silk for me.
Got a 2020 challenger the has two engine misfire errors posted.

·
Bronze member
1,706 Posts
Reactions: IndianAZ

·
Registered
9 Posts
Same as me, solution is to have the throttle bodies synchronized and the ECU reflashed.
I just kinda find it annoying that I have to pony up the dollars to get it trailered/towed to the dealer for something that is clearly Indians fault.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
5,132 Posts
Ditto. My dealer, Indian of Toledo has an enclosed trailer to pick up & drop off bikes for people.

·
Registered
2020 Indian Challenger
1,255 Posts
I just kinda find it annoying that I have to pony up the dollars to get it trailered/towed to the dealer for something that is clearly Indians fault.
Unless you have a really long ride, you should be able to ride it to the dealer. Most of those kinds of faults went away the next time the bike was started.

861 - 880 of 886 Posts