Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

841 - 860 of 886 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Grayrat - I was reading on some of the responses regarding the negative talk for the Ride Now dealer chains. I looked at their website & was pretty impressed with the fact they own 41 dealerships across the country with some being Indian Motorcycle dealerships. But my personal experience with the big places wasn’t always good. Mike at holeshot is the real deal. I can tell he really loves what he does. It’s always a pleasure to see people do what they love.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
'
Thanks Bro ..... One more thing about us ..... I only hire Bikers ..... I want the guy on the phone you're talking with to know what it feels like for your bike to be having issues ... If you don't really ride you don't know the feeling of being broke down on the side of the road with your scoot .... I've dispatched employees to drive 60 miles to pick up a stranded Biker at 5:30 in the afternoon when Dealers 10 minutes away wouldn't do shit to help them .... Karma's a ***** ... Those dealers should be ashamed of themselves ....

·
Registered
565 Posts
I find that some dealerships with a great mechanic(s) always have a service writer who used to run the Tilt-A-Whirl at the carnival. Why would you put someone who has no mechanical knowledge or ability in a supervisory or gatekeeper position.
Only if you are a Ride Now dealership. And that is before the "good mechanic" quit. Ask Holeshot Mike. Ask my good mechanics in 2 other states. Just image a cook starting out at McDonalds and working his way up to Executive chef. The company being bought out by Ride Now or Moretti, and over a years time they put him back as a line cook flipping burgers at 1/2 his (or her) previous wages.

·
Rider
862 Posts
'
Thanks Bro ..... One more thing about us ..... I only hire Bikers ..... I want the guy on the phone you're talking with to know what it feels like for your bike to be having issues ... If you don't really ride you don't know the feeling of being broke down on the side of the road with your scoot .... I've dispatched employees to drive 60 miles to pick up a stranded Biker at 5:30 in the afternoon when Dealers 10 minutes away wouldn't do shit to help them .... Karma's a * ... Those dealers should be ashamed of themselves ....
Hell yah they should. You have the pulse of us in this here forum for sure! It might be odd to say this as I am up in NJ I thank you anyway for looking out for us riders like that. 60 miles one way really? That’s awesome!!!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hell yah they should. You have the pulse of us in this here forum for sure! It might be odd to say this as I am up in NJ I thank you anyway for looking out for us riders like that. 60 miles one way really? That’s awesome!!!

Thanks Bro .... We're all go no quit .... All my guys ride .... Even our lot tech is a dedicated Rider .... If Cody is coming for you You're in very good hands .... We'll get you off the side of the road and back to riding asap .... Proud of all my guys .... They're the best of the best and I'm honored to lead them ....

·
Registered
113 Posts
Concerning our All Go No Quit Attitude ... just a shout out to our GM .... He's been fighting liver disease for over a year ... He finally got his transplant a month ago and is recovering .... Ray Barnett is the finest GM and one of the best man I've ever met ... We All Love Him and do our best to do as he would do ... It's the prism I use for all of my decisions since his absence.... It all starts from the top ... He's why I'm here ... He's why I stayed .... He's why I work so hard at what I do ... I talk with him Daily .... A great counsel and friend ... If all dealerships were lead by some one like him we'd all be better off ... Just Sayin ... We're a family not a corporation .... Our Owners and Ray decided it was best to send everyone home from the pandemic ... They sent everyone home and continued to pay them .... That says everything I need to know about them ... Best Owners and GM ever ... period ... Okay .... Gonna spend some time with my girl .... Everyone be careful n take care of the ones that matter .... If any one from this forum ever has the ability to stop by I'd be honored to shake your hand when we can ... Take care ...

·
Registered
119 Posts
I’m having this issue. Read through most of these posts but what’s the conclusion? what was the final solution ?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Okay ... So there is a bulletin out for this issue that all Indian Dealers are aware of ... It's simply to check the vac sync between the throttle plates and if they are out more than 1.5 Hg they are recommending replacement of the throttle bodies ... There is also a reflash to be done. I've performed this procedure on many problematic Challengers that were sent to me by Indian. Done correctly it is 100% effective at solving surging/idle issues.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Okay ... So there is a bulletin out for this issue that all Indian Dealers are aware of ... It's simply to check the vac sync between the throttle plates and if they are out more than 1.5 Hg they are recommending replacement of the throttle bodies ... There is also a reflash to be done. I've performed this procedure on many problematic Challengers that were sent to me by Indian. Done correctly it is 100% effective at solving surging/idle issues.
thanks Mike. 3 week old bike - crazy

·
Registered
2020 Indian Challenger
1,255 Posts
Sounds like your dealer didn't check it properly before it left. The bulletin was released just before I was going to pick mine up and my dealer made me wait a bit so they could properly check it.

·
Registered
204 Posts
What are the details on this bulletin? Is there a number for it or something? I'd be curious if my dealer has a record of this being done to my bike--which I got last month.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Sounds like your dealer didn't check it properly before it left. The bulletin was released just before I was going to pick mine up and my dealer made me wait a bit so they could properly check it.
That's doing it right .... Cudos to your dealer ... sounds like some one I need to reach out to in regards to joing our private dealer network ....
Mike

·
Registered
113 Posts
What are the details on this bulletin? Is there a number for it or something? I'd be curious if my dealer has a record of this being done to my bike--which I got last month.
If your bike wasn't a first run then Your "UI" or Unit Inquiry probably would have flagged your VIN for the vac check. Honestly I think They are beginning to tune them at the factory because the latest bikes have been getting are pretty good ... Not Perfect but pretty sure they'd have been fine without tweaking .... You'd know it if it wasn't right ... Stumbles off idle, Excessive throttle lag, surging at idle etc .....
Mike

·
Rider
862 Posts
Hi Holeshot.... I work at an Indian motorcycle dealership in my neck of the woods. I’d love to speak to you someday on the entire matter with the Challenger & other issues. Maybe I can PM you first?

2016 Chieftain

·
Registered
736 Posts
Just one question, Are all this bikes having problems 2020 models? Anyone with a 2021 bike having the same issues? I hope not.

·
Registered
2020 Indian Challenger
1,255 Posts
There are many of us that don't have many issues. The new ride command seems buggy but that's about the worst I've gotten.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have a 2020 dark horse and have had zero problems. Most of the people I have meet with either a 2020 or 2021 have had zero problems. I get the impression that there are only a few bikes that are experiencing problems. I have not experienced any ride command issues either. Smooth as silk for me.

841 - 860 of 886 Posts