Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 457 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just read a comment on NighcruiserMA's Challenger review that Indian has found the issue with the bikes missing/ not running. The person said it is a software issue and an update will be available soon. Has anyone else heard this?

·
Registered
26 Posts
I just read a comment on NighcruiserMA's Challenger review that Indian has found the issue with the bikes missing/ not running. The person said it is a software issue and an update will be available soon. Has anyone else heard this?

Was at the dealership today dealing with mine, they still haven't heard anything yet. Bad time of year for all of this with the holidays.

·
Registered
40 Posts
This is good news. I think I've experienced this bug a few times as well, with the engine shutting down DURING operation a few times already. Let's hope they get the new software out soon.

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
This is good news. I think I've experienced this bug a few times as well, with the engine shutting down DURING operation a few times already. Let's hope they get the new software out soon.
Sounds like a common enough problem with brand new models and extremely complex software interactions. It takes time and trials to get the bugs out sometimes. I am not surprised in the least. Also, not worried about it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Polaris had 3 bikes shipped back to them which allowed their engineers to get some "hands on" tech time with them. I was told by Hunter in CS, they sourced the problem and a fix was in the works. This information may not have "trickled" down to all the dealers yet with the holiday time off right now but I'm hoping they will announce a software update after the 1st of the year.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Polaris had 3 bikes shipped back to them which allowed their engineers to get some "hands on" tech time with them. I was told by Hunter in CS, they sourced the problem and a fix was in the works. This information may not have "trickled" down to all the dealers yet with the holiday time off right now but I'm hoping they will announce a software update after the 1st of the year.
This is good news. Working with my dealership today. I was told I have all options available and can choose a different bike, stay with the deal on the challenger or walk. My dealer also carries BMW and Kawasaki. Weighing my options.

·
Registered
699 Posts
BMW and Kawi also got their probs, maybe other sources, but the main thing is, they have no soul. Just a bike to go from A to B without any heritage, tradition and look. Stay with the Challenger.

Just my 2 cents......

BTW : Had a Kawi Vulcan Voyager 1700 before. Nice bike - no soul.

Cu,
Sven

·
Registered
98 Posts
Demo man, I think you've broken some rule using the "soul" card. That term refers to real bikes and not fake Polaris Indians.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Demo man, I think you've broken some rule using the "soul" card. That term refers to real bikes and not fake Polaris Indians.
I don't think so, but if you....

IMG_20191022_125348289.jpg

Cu,
Sven

·
Registered
448 Posts
Do you have a link, where was this review?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I think Challenger1 may have written it. It's exactly what he said earlier in this thread. He called Polaris and 3 bikes have been sent back. They can replicate the issue and fix will be released soon.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
This is good news. Working with my dealership today. I was told I have all options available and can choose a different bike, stay with the deal on the challenger or walk. My dealer also carries BMW and Kawasaki. Weighing my options.
That's good news, sounds like a stand up dealership willing to take care of there customer. Personally, I'd wait a little longer to determine the cause and if the fix took care the problem for good. The Challenger is a heck of bike, good luck.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just jerking your string, Demo. I ride a '11 Cross Country and our travelling bike is a '15 Vintage. So I've heard them all for 9 years and 45k trouble free Polaris miles.
Happy to hear that, Just purchased a 32K loaded Challenger, picking up today, and I really do not want to have that feeling of BIKE (Polaris) IS NOT GOOD...
I test ride a Road Glide Special just before I decided on the Indian, what pisses me off with Harleys is that you buy it 28K bike and have to change shocks to get a better ride!, because their suspension suck, plus the finish and power of the HD is not there in comparison with Indian, but only concern I have is HOW RELIABLE will Indian be? I hope I got this right...it is an expensive purchase!
Cheers
LCL

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Happy to hear that, Just purchased a 32K loaded Challenger, picking up today, and I really do not want to have that feeling of BIKE (Polaris) IS NOT GOOD...
I test ride a Road Glide Special just before I decided on the Indian, what pisses me off with Harleys is that you buy it 28K bike and have to change shocks to get a better ride!, because their suspension suck, plus the finish and power of the HD is not there in comparison with Indian, but only concern I have is HOW RELIABLE will Indian be? I hope I got this right...it is an expensive purchase!
Cheers
LCL
totally expensive... I started with Polaris on Victory... I still have my 03 Vegas and 80K miles of oil, tire, battery and 1 starter... keep in mind that Indian has sold a lot more Challengers than the ones posting here with problems.. just hope you didn't draw one that has troubles... my 18 Limited has been trouble free for me and after spending some time on this site I too was nervous about buying... but I did because of my past experience and my buddies 14 Chieftain and so far (knock on wood) after owning it I can say it's the best bike I've ever owned

·
Registered
98 Posts
Actually it's 55k trouble free Polaris miles. We had my wife's Vintage lowered and because it's going to be our 2 up rig now, I raised the suspension back up an inch and a half. I trust it will be as reliable as my Cross Country and I'm certain that the Challenger will prove to be a dependable bike also.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Guys... Just called the dealer and requested deposit refund...
I gave some thought and I think I will wait for another year or so, that way I can see what is the real value for it, as I cannot afford 32+K and end up with headaches...
Cheers and thank you for the heads up.
LCL

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Guys... Just called the dealer and requested deposit refund...
I gave some thought and I think I will wait for another year or so, that way I can see what is the real value for it, as I cannot afford 32+K and end up with headaches...
Cheers and thank you for the heads up.
LCL
Stuff like this will get Polaris' attention.

1 - 20 of 457 Posts