Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else have a problem with vibrating mirrors, to the point that at speeds above about 50 mph everything you see is just a big blur? And any recommendation for a better aftermarket?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Mine do at higher speeds like 70+ mph, maybe they are just a little loose. I used a wrench last time, since they get loose easily from the little fastener holding them being threaded in the same direction you would typically pull the mirrors in from. Try tightening them, and only adjusting when you can use both hands to prevent that from happening.

·
Bronze member
1,462 Posts
Sometimes the additional vibrations that end up at the mirrors ( kinda like a tuning fork) are Magnified from new exhaust mounted in a slight bind, same goes for saddlebags. Just the fact that something is not 100% bolted in a natural/relaxed position. That may sound funny but many have found mirrors vibrating like hell after installing a new set of slip-ons.

·
Bronze member
1,942 Posts
Sometimes the additional vibrations that end up at the mirrors ( kinda like a tuning fork) are Magnified from new exhaust mounted in a slight bind, same goes for saddlebags. Just the fact that something is not 100% bolted in a natural/relaxed position. That may sound funny but many have found mirrors vibrating like hell after installing a new set of slip-ons.
Not I, nor my wife, but we have RCX slip-ons. May be different when using other types like Rodent62 stated.

·
Registered
17 Posts
What kind of tires do you have, and how well are they balanced?
Had a little vibration with stock tires, but with Commander 'll it's super smooth.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
2020 sixty bobber here and I have a very slight shake that I just blame the engine vibration.
yes, I am debating whether to just put up with it or shop for aftermarket. And if I mess with the aftermarket option and the problem doesnt go away, I will be really annoyed! :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've had OEM , Scythes and now MAGAZI Black. Never had a bad vibration issue with any of them.
What brand are your grips, saddle bags and swing arm bag? At higher revs do you slide back on the 1920 solo seat? How is the comfort on long rides? The bike looks amazing!!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
A lot of mirrors I shop for say universal, but they also say 8mm and/or 10mm. Does anyone know if these will work?

·
Founding member / Distinguished
2019 Roadmaster matte black and gray
3,099 Posts
@dconk199

Just a thought... have you thought about bar end weights? I had a mirror shake on a previous bike, and it went away with bar end weights.

·
Rider
894 Posts
What brand are your grips, saddle bags and swing arm bag? At higher revs do you slide back on the 1920 solo seat? How is the comfort on long rides? The bike looks amazing!!!
Grips are from AVON:

Bags are from Leatherworks all of them: Saddlebags are mounted with Easy Brackets:
Solo Seat has worked out well for me. No slippage that I've noticed:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts