Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since the Challenger doesn’t come with any real tool kit, what are minimum one should carry. Right now I have 10 mm box end wrench and 6 mm allen to access and tighten battery terminals, at least until I get lock washers sorted. Assume needle nose and regular pliers. What others?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Rider
503 Posts
When we ride the Roadmaster I always take a multi-tool (leatherman wave) a penlight, and a tire plug kit with a mini air compressor. And of course cell phone and credit card

·
Rider
503 Posts
I have this kit.

I've used a bunch of plugs on my service trucks, 3 utility trailers, my wife's car, my son's truck, and one of my employee's trucks. They work great! Haven't used the compressor yet or plugged a tire on the bike, but I'm sure I just jinxed myself!

·
Registered
66 Posts
I've been riding for almost 20 years, averaging about 13k miles per year I have asked myself this question many times, allowing it to be answered by the road.

Here is the "standard" toolkit which is always on my bike:
  • M3, 4, & 5 hex wrenches
  • Straight driver
  • Driver bit set (include socket adapter)
  • 10mm socket
  • Tire patch kit
  • Portable air compressor
  • Zip ties
  • Duct tape

Hope you find it helpful!

·
Rider
2019 Scout and Chieftain Classic both in Willow Green and Cream
644 Posts
What tools does the Indian require....Metric or the ones involving fractions?
you mean metric or imperial, that would be metric as all new parts for any US ad be metric.e been metric. Not sure about HD, but Indian being all new design from 2013 on would be metric.

·
Registered
457 Posts
you mean metric or imperial, that would be metric as all new parts for any US ad be metric.e been metric. Not sure about HD, but Indian being all new design from 2013 on would be metric.
HD is a mix of both imperial and metric. Suspension is Japanese, brakes are Italian, fuel injection and electrics are German etc.

·
Rider
2019 Scout and Chieftain Classic both in Willow Green and Cream
644 Posts
HD is a mix of both imperial and metric. Suspension is Japanese, brakes are Italian, fuel injection and electrics are German etc.
So then, what is or would be imperial parts/hardware? What you have mentioned is all metric parts.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts