Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I just got the extended controls and I’m thinking about the mini boards as well. I’ve heard they sit higher than the pegs . My question is do I have to make any adjustments to the shifter so I can squeeze my foot in between ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Founding member / Distinguished
2,680 Posts
I put the mini boards on. You do have to adjust them up a little, but it's fairly easy to do.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Vendor / bronze
2,725 Posts
Just an option. We make a mini floorboard for the Scouts. We tilted it at a 15 degree angle and found it to be much more comfortable. But the shifter peg is tight. You can adjust it but only little and shifting becomes difficult or impossible. So we now make the floorboard lower about 7/8". The scrape angle is about the same (1/8" less angle).
LINK: http://www.indianaftermarket.com/floorboards.html

·
Registered
127 Posts
I put the Kuryakin mini boards om mine and the longer shift rod to add adjustment. These boards are adjustable for the angle of your foot.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I put the mini boards on. You do have to adjust them up a little, but it's fairly easy to do.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Can the floorboards be adjusted or is it the shifter ?

·
Registered
74 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I put the Kuryakin mini boards om mine and the longer shift rod to add adjustment. These boards are adjustable for the angle of your foot.
Hey Shofin, did these floorboards sit at the same height as the pegs? I was thinking of getting them and a heel shifter.

·
Silver member
3,253 Posts
The OEM floor boards fit perfectly with the design of the bike. Get those. The others look like tack-ons. IMO. Worth the price. Yes you will have to adjust the shifter somewhat.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Hey Shofin, did these floorboards sit at the same height as the pegs? I was thinking of getting them and a heel shifter.
They sit an inch higher than the stock pegs. They are adjustable fore and back and angle. They work great for me with a 30" inseam and beer belly. I can lift off the seat without doing pull ups on the handlebars. Sometime you can't avoid a pothole and sometimes I need to get some air under my butt on a longer ride.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
E1ED070A-C503-434D-8F8F-BD7DD597735E.jpeg 634F50E5-A08D-4825-B280-C110D9762120.jpeg I could not find any floor boards that allowed me to bring my foot back a little more. So I just made my own. The off set is great now and the brake/ shifter did not have to be adjusted much. Besides that I saved a couple hundred $$$.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
One of the rings was hell getting off, otherwise , the installation would have not been that bad. I can tell I’m going to have to adjust shift and rear brake pedals so I can slide my foot underneath . I’ll do that in the morning

1 - 11 of 11 Posts