Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a set of 12" mini apes on my old road king, as far as I was concerned combined with a lepara seat ,they were the perfect set up for me. Lots of choices out there that could work, but soldering the wiring doesn't sound like a good idea at all. Anyone tried changing to a similar setup? Please let me know what it involved..

·
Gold Supporting Member
3,248 Posts
Swapping mine out for a set of Dirty Birds. Too big of a project for me with all the wiring to fish through the bars. My dealer says it's a 2 to 3 hour job for them. That would translate to a 4 to 6 hour job for me.
Dirty_Bird_Bars.jpg

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Swapping mine out for a set of Dirty Birds. Too big of a project for me with all the wiring to fish through the bars. My dealer says it's a 2 to 3 hour job for them. That would translate to a 4 to 6 hour job for me. View attachment 4777

Thanks for the response, so if I have a dealer put them on about 3 hours labor, plus finding a set of bars And most likely modifying them somewhat. Sounds spendy. I think I will wait a bit.

·
Registered
232 Posts
When I got my beach bars at my dealer, I was originally quoted about an hour. It took a bit longer but before they started we had already agreed I'd pay for just the hour.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When I got my beach bars at my dealer, I was originally quoted about an hour. It took a bit longer but before they started we had already agreed I'd pay for just the hour.
The biggest concern for me is if the wiring harness is long enough, I'm sure I could get a clutch cable and brake hose even if I have to have some made. Just big time gun shy to cut the wiring harness.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Swapping mine out for a set of Dirty Birds. Too big of a project for me with all the wiring to fish through the bars. My dealer says it's a 2 to 3 hour job for them. That would translate to a 4 to 6 hour job for me. View attachment 4777
Hi, did you end up getting your Dirty Bird bars on? Any photos? I'm interested in doing the same but concerned about how it will look. I don't want to upset the 'classic' look of the Chief. :)

·
Gold Supporting Member
3,248 Posts
Hi, did you end up getting your Dirty Bird bars on? Any photos? I'm interested in doing the same but concerned about how it will look. I don't want to upset the 'classic' look of the Chief. :)
Not yet. I think the look will blend well though. Have you seen the photos of the handlebars on the DB site?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts