Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

Military/veteran discount

8K views 30 replies 20 participants last post by  davidd 
#1 ·
Just curiously with one day left in the year, have any of you military/veterans discussed whether the dealership would still honor the 500 dollars in accessories for buying a scout in 2014? This just popped into my head and I am surely going to call the dealer tomorrow. I'll post when I have received an answer.

#2 ·
I asked my dealer about it and he said "yeah, you're in. no problem. you registered and gave your deposit." So.. hopefully all goes smoothly. The delays aren't our doing. We were promised them "in December," and that means "before the expiration date," of the offer.

#6 ·
I also asked my dealer, as well as about the $1000 off a new bike purchase. Both are really an Indian promotion, not independent dealers. As such, the Indian company is carrying the promotion forward into 2015. So says my dealer. I have faith ......

#7 ·
The money of the bike is off a 2014 bike, thus not a Scout. I tried to convince them to let me take the $500 off the bike but the dealer showed me the memo and this is from the web site

"$1,000 CASH BACK NEW CHIEF OR ROADMASTER

$500 IN APPAREL OR ACCESORIES WITH 2015 SCOUT PURCHASE"

#8 ·
I was told later that the thousand dollar discount for military was not for the Scout and that he should not have offered that to me. He then told me that he was going to honor it.

Integrity.

#11 ·
The military $500 accessory credit is "technically" a month/month rebate program. Scouts get the $500 accessory credit while the 111" bikes get $1000 off the bottom. Victory gives $1000 off the bottom to military/police/fire. All that said, these rebates have never been removed by Indian/Victory. My best guess is your safe...

#13 ·
#14 ·
Guess they figured they had a bunch of 1st run Scout orders that were military and no bikes.. Just like the warranty extensions hmmmm guess they are finally getting it that we are not happy with the wait.

#15 ·
The dealership in Peoria AZ gave me 800 off the price of my vintage 2014 when I ask about the vet discount. The bike had 1147 miles on it & I thought it was a demo, but found out it was a repo. So I was not in titled to the Vet discount on a used bike. They still took care of me with a very low price, that the previous owner had added $1300 of extras.
Nice way to make me a new Indian rider & make a sale.

#31 ·
The dealership in Peoria AZ gave me 800 off the price of my vintage 2014 when I ask about the vet discount. The bike had 1147 miles on it & I thought it was a demo, but found out it was a repo. So I was not in titled to the Vet discount on a used bike. They still took care of me with a very low price, that the previous owner had added $1300 of extras.
Nice way to make me a new Indian rider & make a sale.
That's a good deal there! Walked into something similar on mine, 2014 Classic with ~1350miles and LOTS of extras that I would have bought anyway. Not a wiggle in the bottom line nor the discount "too many miles". After running my own numbers on the cost of accessories added to the bottom line of a "new" model (identical right next to it) and getting the Military discount, the "used" bike went home with me. No regrets but definitely watching the market for anything else I'll buy.

#16 ·
My dealer is honoring mine. Not the same story on the advertised 3.99% finance rate - that deal is long gone, despite it being on the original sales slip. I got pretty close to that from my own bank, so I am not going to lose what little mind I have left over it.

#23 ·
My dealer bundled my financing/paperwork so I couldn't tell if I got the veteran discount or not. I emailed Polaris about this and they more or less stuck their nose up in the air about it and left a fake "do not reply to this email" at the bottom of their email. Bunch a bozo's.

#26 ·
I retired from active duty and was convin Ed to become "just a reservist". I completed as many tours as a reservist as I did an active duty officer. And frankly my last tour as a reservist was my toughest, tip of the Sunni triangle , where I worked with the Aussies. Never been anywhere where everyone wanted to kill everyone else in.

#28 ·
Four years under my belt but unfortunately no tours. Thank-you for the respect shown towards the Australian Defence Force. My only direct interaction with anyone from the American military has been a brief encounter with a young U.S. Army Lieutenant whilst on a joint fire mission exercise. He was most professional and a credit to your military.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.