Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curiously with one day left in the year, have any of you military/veterans discussed whether the dealership would still honor the 500 dollars in accessories for buying a scout in 2014? This just popped into my head and I am surely going to call the dealer tomorrow. I'll post when I have received an answer.

·
Registered
582 Posts
I asked my dealer about it and he said "yeah, you're in. no problem. you registered and gave your deposit." So.. hopefully all goes smoothly. The delays aren't our doing. We were promised them "in December," and that means "before the expiration date," of the offer.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Just curiously with one day left in the year, have any of you military/veterans discussed whether the dealership would still honor the 500 dollars in accessories for buying a scout in 2014? This just popped into my head and I am surely going to call the dealer tomorrow. I'll post when I have received an answer.
With the dealership having my deposit since October, and Polaris responsible for not delivering as advertised, I am not at all concerned about my vets discount. World war three would be the last thing Polaris needs from us right now.

·
Registered
656 Posts
I sent an email to my dealer yesterday asking the very same thing and she said not to worry it will be honored.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Same thing here. The Sturgis dealer was all over the military $500. It isn't a discount, it's $500 toward accessories.

·
Super Moderator
5,868 Posts
Same thing here. The Sturgis dealer was all over the military $500. It isn't a discount, it's $500 toward accessories.
I also asked my dealer, as well as about the $1000 off a new bike purchase. Both are really an Indian promotion, not independent dealers. As such, the Indian company is carrying the promotion forward into 2015. So says my dealer. I have faith ......

·
Registered
219 Posts
The money of the bike is off a 2014 bike, thus not a Scout. I tried to convince them to let me take the $500 off the bike but the dealer showed me the memo and this is from the web site

"$1,000 CASH BACK NEW CHIEF OR ROADMASTER

$500 IN APPAREL OR ACCESORIES WITH 2015 SCOUT PURCHASE"

·
Registered
430 Posts
I was told later that the thousand dollar discount for military was not for the Scout and that he should not have offered that to me. He then told me that he was going to honor it.

Integrity.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
The military $500 accessory credit is "technically" a month/month rebate program. Scouts get the $500 accessory credit while the 111" bikes get $1000 off the bottom. Victory gives $1000 off the bottom to military/police/fire. All that said, these rebates have never been removed by Indian/Victory. My best guess is your safe...

·
Registered
5 Posts
My dealer in Salt Lake said they will honor the discount. My scout hopefully in January.

·
Registered
2018 Roadmaster
29 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
The dealership in Peoria AZ gave me 800 off the price of my vintage 2014 when I ask about the vet discount. The bike had 1147 miles on it & I thought it was a demo, but found out it was a repo. So I was not in titled to the Vet discount on a used bike. They still took care of me with a very low price, that the previous owner had added $1300 of extras.
Nice way to make me a new Indian rider & make a sale.

·
Registered
361 Posts
My dealer is honoring mine. Not the same story on the advertised 3.99% finance rate - that deal is long gone, despite it being on the original sales slip. I got pretty close to that from my own bank, so I am not going to lose what little mind I have left over it.

·
Registered
7,995 Posts
Bought my Chieftain near the very first of January this year and got the 1000 Military Discount.

2015 Blue and Ivory Chieftain

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
congrats :)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts