Reactions: CAL

·
Bronze member
1,493 Posts
I CAN'T WAIT!!!

·
Super Moderator
11,366 Posts
Cinematography looks to be outstanding — hope they stick to the actual events (which were plenty dramatic). No “creative rewriting” needed. But I’ll be at the front of the line to find out.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
5,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Getting closer, appears to leave Pearl Harbor's romance behind...

Reactions: PE4CE and Kaz

·
Registered
69 Posts
The initial shots look great. For example, the Ford Island shots of the Pearl Harbor attack are absolutely spot-on...every building is perfect, looks like they have real film with the CGI action superimposed. Accuracy of the ships looks great too - can't wait to see the whole thing. Midway was an incredible battle where we were the underdog, and then some - and in the course of just a few hours the whole war changed. Tremendous story that not enough Americans know about.

·
Bronze member
2,884 Posts
and a hell of a gamble... thank God for American commanders that don't always listen to Washington...

Reactions: PE4CE

·
5,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
For those with base access in the Southern Maryland area, NAS Patuxent RIver Center stage is having an advance screening of Midway Sunday - November 03, 2019 at 2:00 PM

·
5,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just got back from watching this movie.

HIGHLY recommended!

I loved the original. This one is very different as it is much less of a history lesson and more of a sit back and enjoy movie. I'm sure a lot of the character's stories we created by writers but it wasn't a bad thing in the least.

There was SOME of the "love" story but it is NOTHING like the disaster that was Pearl Harbor. I was married for 23 of my 26 years in the Navy. I can appreciate the way they portrayed the Navy spouse too.

I don't want to give away too much but this is one of few recent movies that I will add to my personal collection.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I'll be headed to Dallas, TX this coming weekend, but as soon as I come back, I'm going to go see this. Been waiting on this and "Ford vs Ferrari" for a while now.

·
Rider
916 Posts
I won't watch any war movie anymore that claims to be historically accurate unless they actually say that we provoked the attacks.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Bronze member
2,228 Posts
I won't watch any war movie anymore that claims to be historically accurate unless they actually say that we provoked the attacks.
WTF?

Sarcasm?

1 - 20 of 54 Posts